Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fat Bob, Street Bob

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2007, 07:07 PM
Gilly
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Fat Bob, Street Bob

OK, go the Harley site to the Fat Bob section, the click on Features and Specs, then under the pic of the bike, click on "Ride" (that's the pic of the seat), then you have all these orange dots you put your cursor on, put your cursor on the orange dot on the front brake caliper. It is standard.
Gilly

Old 10-22-2007, 07:13 PM
Gilly
Road Captain

http://motorcycles.about.com/od/newm...ey_Fat_Bob.htm

Front brakes incorporate large, dual floating rotors with 4-piston front and 2-piston rear calipers which slow down the 703 lb bike effectively, while providing decent feedback and moderate lever effort. All 2008 Dynas feature black stainless steel braided brake lines.

Old 10-22-2007, 07:29 PM
Gilly
Road Captain
Old 10-22-2007, 07:31 PM
SPECIAL ED
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Actually some of the bigest differences in handling are caused by things like tires, handlebars and weight, and not always in ways you would expect.For example skinnier tires are going to make a bike turn easier.Less weight is almost always better and wider handlebars will make a bike steer easier and feel lighter.So, the big front tire on the fat bob combined with the extra weight is going to slow steering which the lower,wider drag bar may or may not help.Of course none of this can change the fact that the back fender is butt ugly and nobody makes a decent exhaust system for it yet.

Old 10-22-2007, 07:39 PM
jeb_cfl
Tourer

This is interesting from the site you posted: I'm kinda confusedabout how thebreaks would not be that good,
************************************************** ************************************************
Slowing the Bob is the job of twin disc brakes up front and the ubiquitous single disc out back. Although pressure at the hand lever is transmitted through braided stainless steel lines, they still felt a bit numb and underpowered. A strong pull at the brake lever would ultimately result in a decent stop, but that's a little more than I care to apply to haul any bike down. Regardless of my performance-driven whining, the brakes were typical Harley in that they were sufficient but not great.
************************************************** ***********************************************

But it does confirm the dual fronts.

Old 10-22-2007, 07:43 PM
jelk
Advanced

I test rode them both and really liked both. However, I ended up with the fat bob because i liked the feel of the factory forwards with drag bar and the look of the rear fender/wide tire combo. really wasn't the ride, the fat bob just felt right the minute I rode it, just like the street bob would feel right to someone else over the fat bob.

Old 10-22-2007, 07:43 PM
07bobber
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

plus that extra 30 lbs is the extra weight of the solid wheels and fat front tire im assuming but no big deal really.

Old 10-22-2007, 07:46 PM
Gilly
Road Captain

Yeah some weinie doing the roadtest that's used to sportbike brakes I am assuming. I just know the brakes on the Streetbob kinda suckticate compared to my Beemer, but there again, not a fair comparison. I am waiting for the roadtest of the FatBob, hopefully the FatBob stops alot better than the StreetBob did, THAT would take some getting used to.
Ed: SURE something can change the fact the fender is butt-ugly (in your opinion), you can change the rear fender, course there's NO kit for that, but wouldn't be hard to do. Now to go the OTHER way, change the StreetBob to the bobbed rear fender, there IS a kit for that because that actually makes sense cuz everyone but YOU knows the bobbed rear fender is MUCH better looking, JUST kidding, I like the bobbed rear fender just fine but I know it's not to everyones liking. I like your chopped fender, that have a side mounted plate I assume??
Gilly

Old 10-22-2007, 09:04 PM
SPECIAL ED
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yea I have a side mounted plate but I could have mounted it under the fender if I wanted to.It's just that thier so called "bobtail" fender is now so long it needs to be bobbed.I mean honestly look at that thing and tell me it couldn't be about six inches shorter.

Old 10-22-2007, 09:50 PM
Gilly
Road Captain

Yeah I agree, "Bobtail" isn't really the best name for that fender. To me your fender is bobbed (or chopped). I don't know what else you'd call it though either. Sport? Whale tail? Swooped? But I do like it. I don't know what I'd do if they had a choice on those too from the factory, tough call. There's not much you can do to the Fat Bob rear fender as far as personalization like there is on the regular fender ("classic" fender?). If the Fat Bob had the rear fender on it like yours it wouldn't really bother me at all.
Gilly

Quick Reply: Fat Bob, Street Bob