Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear Turn Signal Relocation...

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2007, 09:10 AM
needadyna
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear Turn Signal Relocation...

I'm planning on getting some bags. I need to get my turn signals out of the way.

I'm planning on going with LEDs, probably Panacea.Just wondering if there is a nice looking relocation kit. I have the laydown license plate, so the HD kit won't work. I still have the original license plate bracket if I have to go with the HD kit. The HD kit does what I want but doesn't quite look like I want.

Old 11-04-2007, 09:53 PM
Azrael
Cruiser
Default RE: Rear Turn Signal Relocation...

HD makes a lay down license plate kit with a turn signal relocation bar. It may be kind of hard to see in the pic and I will try a new one tomorrow but it's not bad for 64 bucks and keeps the stock turn signals so you only have to buy the panacea inserts and not the whole case.

[IMG]local://upfiles/17345/97D17E1EB26B4F178E7ADEA737FEBF11.jpg[/IMG]

Old 11-04-2007, 10:30 PM
darkdyna06
Tourer

I got my bags from bikerbags.com, $92.00 no relocation required.

[IMG]local://upfiles/21800/830ECDF9AE4C4F4C82559F8473E1C9C9.jpg[/IMG]

Old 11-05-2007, 03:29 AM
GeeRam
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: ChrisWillis

HD makes a lay down license plate kit with a turn signal relocation bar. It may be kind of hard to see in the pic and I will try a new one tomorrow but it's not bad for 64 bucks and keeps the stock turn signals so you only have to buy the panacea inserts and not the whole case.
Yup, I've got the HD layback license plate holder and relocation kit on my FXDC.

Old 11-05-2007, 07:08 AM
ColoSpgsMark
Road Captain

GeeRam, what did you use to fill the hole the OEM signals were bolted through? The Dealer could not provide me an answer

Tks,

Mark

Old 11-05-2007, 07:54 AM
Azrael
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: ColoSpgsMark

GeeRam, what did you use to fill the hole the OEM signals were bolted through? The Dealer could not provide me an answer

Tks,

Mark
Ifilled mine in when I put on the detachable hardware, the kit comes with a pairof blanks that cover the hole.

Old 11-05-2007, 08:00 AM
Azrael
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: darkdyna06

I got my bags from bikerbags.com, $92.00 no relocation required.

[IMG]local://upfiles/21800/830ECDF9AE4C4F4C82559F8473E1C9C9.jpg[/IMG]
I looked at those too before I decided on my iron bags. I couldn't past the point of them being PVC and throw overs. I have seen what throw overs can do to a rear fender and decidedto stay away.

Personally if you can afford them go with boss or iron bags. Both are made in theUSA, ultra high quality, great support, and they won't screw up your rear fender.

Old 11-05-2007, 08:04 AM
GeeRam
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: ColoSpgsMark

I've got the docking hardware for the detachable accessories which fits in the hole, this is why I had the relocation kit fitted, as this is what the reloaction kit was designed for.
I don't think HD do anything for filling the hole if you do the relocation kit without fitting thedetachable docking kit...?

Old 11-05-2007, 08:08 AM
Keeg
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I use detachable bags on my 07 SB. I relocated the signals with a kit from Custom Chrome.

It uses your stock signals with the wing standoffs and mounts to a laydown plate bracket. Pretty clean setup and fairly easy install.

Old 11-05-2007, 11:02 PM
Bluetoys
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Keeg

I use detachable bags on my 07 SB. I relocated the signals with a kit from Custom Chrome.

It uses your stock signals with the wing standoffs and mounts to a laydown plate bracket. Pretty clean setup and fairly easy install.
Could you post the item # for that and maybe a picture of it?
I found the Custom Chrome site and looked through the catalog, but I didn't find a setup for the FX's. I found a touring model setup that mounts turnlights tighter to the taillight than stock, behind the taillight mounting, but I couldn't see if it would work on the Street Bob

Quick Reply: Rear Turn Signal Relocation...