Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

* HOW TO * under fifty bux *

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2012, 02:58 AM
Vins
Club Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default This sucks...

...alot of the pics have disappeared.

Old 11-04-2012, 01:56 PM
Stangheel
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NSCoyote
my contribution ot the under $50 thread.

so i did the stage 1 filter and backign plate upgrade, but the football cover had to go. Didnt seem right to be paying $100+ for a cover so went to a buddy of mine at the boat yard picked up a piece of 1/8th aluminum plate ($5) and went to work with my bench grinder, and angle grinder and flapper discs.

this is what i came out oft he barn with an hour later

voila better looking cover for $5

and another $30 got it a nice 2 tone powder coating with a graphic and layer of clear powder over top it all
nice work! I plan on doing the same thing eventually. i like the way your's turned out.

Old 11-04-2012, 05:49 PM
NSCoyote
Club Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Stangheel
nice work! I plan on doing the same thing eventually. i like the way your's turned out.
for rough shaping, zip cut wheel followed by bench grinder then 60grt flkapper wheel. finish shapping was 120 grt flapper wheel then 400grt paper on a oscilating body sander.

my powder coater here did a top notch jjob on the PC though as thats what makes it stand out.

base coat of sun spot gold, top coat of flat black to get the 2 tone graphic, then a final coat of high gloss clear powder to finish it.

Old 11-04-2012, 08:44 PM
Stangheel
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

@ coyote

thanks for the instructions!

Old 11-30-2012, 04:31 PM
Wykd
Tourer
Default New Dyna Tag Reloc DIY under $25.00!

I did not like the look of the tag tied to the turn signal on my 2013 Streetbob, so I looked around and did not see anyone else altering it so here I go!

Option A:
If you don't mind it located off the signal but hate how it sticks out to the side, simply remove part of the tag mount. It is a 2 piece expandable backing. Now flip the tag to the side and attach the plat with 2 screws to the backing section still on the bike.

Option B:

Fab up a bar to attach to the bottom of the swing arm. The lower belt guard mounting holes are a great place to attach it to, and the belt guard will secure & hide the wire if routed between the arm/guard.

You can unplug the tag & turn signal lights from the wring harness under the seat and fish it out the rear fender and once you have the wiring free unbolt the turn signals.

The tag light wiring is long enuff to route down and along the swing arm without the need to extend/cut it.

I bought some 1" turn signal arms to tuck the turn signals in closer, and once you remove the tag mount the left arm would be shorter.

I happened to have some bar stock just the right thickness/width already from Lowes, and used the existing bolts from the belt guard and the 1" signal arms came with new bolts. I used one of those shorter bolts to attach the tag bracket to my home made mount.

You will have to shorten the stock bolts that hold the turn signals on to the strut, the ones with the arm kit are too short and the stock are too long.

Anyways the pix below should help explain better, if not you can message me with any questions. Its fairly simple not modification of anything on the bike other than the 2 turn signal arm bolts and a small notch in the lower belt guard for the mount bar to slide thru.

Enjoy!

Last edited by soldierbot; 04-02-2021 at 07:46 AM.
Old 11-30-2012, 04:33 PM
Wykd
Tourer

some more pix, the other post was pix maxxed. Dont forget to paint the mount so it doesnt rust and use stainless hardware and locktite when securing.

Oh I should also mention the stock screws holding the lower belt guard onto the swing arm... you will need to replace the 2 where you attach the mounting bar at with longer bolts. I just took one out and went to lowes and got a longer self tapping than what was in it stock.

Old 11-30-2012, 05:50 PM
quackhead77*
Stage II

A cheap and easy way to touch up or repaint or even blackout parts when your bike has wrinkle black paint. I never liked the gray strip on the battery box on my 07 Street Bob so i recently discovered a cheap and easy way to fix this. Now i know its not wrinkle pain but so close you cant hardly tell its not....... For about 8.00 at any walmart or auto parts store you can use the spray can type of spray on bed liner. It works flawlessly, I will post some pics as soon as i can..

So far so good paint looks almost factory exact and seems to be very durable so far after a few miles and a hand wash!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:icon_evil :

Last edited by quackhead77*; 01-04-2013 at 03:43 PM.
Old 11-30-2012, 06:42 PM
98Superglide
Advanced

Greta ideas guys, kepp them coming!

Old 11-30-2012, 06:48 PM
TheOriginalPete
Tourer
Default Front Lowers

Hey Mud,

Not sure if I'm doing this right but my VCR still flashes 12:00 if that gives you an idea of "technical aptitude" (looked up the spelling!)

Just another way of polishing your front lowers, did this before i read how to do it the "right way" but this seems to be ok so far.

I just used Autosol, 000 steel wool and rubbed it a bit whenever I went out to the garage for a smoke. Seems to be working. I put tape on the parts i wanted to make sure I didnt scratch. Here's a few pics

Old 11-30-2012, 06:59 PM
Quadancer
Elite HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

Using a turn signal mount for the plate is pure class fabrication.
What is Autosol? Never seen that. I'm totally into polishing things, love Meguiars metal polish for hand work.

Last edited by Quadancer; 11-30-2012 at 07:01 PM.

Quick Reply: * HOW TO * under fifty bux *