Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

* HOW TO * under fifty bux *

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2016, 11:15 AM
DG422
Cruiser
Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

BTW, Checkster2000 forgot to say that the other day that your mod looks great!!
I plan on painting the "stripe" on my battery cover blue to match the rest of the bike, I do not like the "nickel" look it currently has.

The following users liked this post:
checkster2000 (09-02-2016)
Old 09-02-2016, 11:17 AM
DG422
Cruiser

Yeah, more than likely I will paint them. wanted to make sure it worked before I bothered. Not having a garage or a proper work space really limits what I can do and when...

Old 09-13-2016, 01:34 PM
DG422
Cruiser

If he moco can make an air cleaner cover out of plastic, then so can I. Went to Canal Plastics in NYC and had them cut two 5 3/8" circles out of a small sheet of 1/4" acrylic in a blue close to hat of my bike. I'm satisfied and I have an extra in case this one breaks. May dress it up with a sticker or something eventually.

I also added a tool bag on my downtube recently and attached it using a U-bolt that was straight instead of curved, that part is what went through the slots on the bag where the belt would go. Covered the bolts with electrical tape to hide them and prevent scratching.

Last edited by soldierbot; 04-02-2021 at 07:46 AM.
Old 09-13-2016, 06:18 PM
soft 02
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,570 Likes on 2,888 Posts

Originally Posted by DG422
If he moco can make an air cleaner cover out of plastic, then so can I. Went to Canal Plastics in NYC and had them cut two 5 3/8" circles out of a small sheet of 1/4" acrylic in a blue close to hat of my bike. I'm satisfied and I have an extra in case this one breaks. May dress it up with a sticker or something eventually.

I also added a tool bag on my downtube recently and attached it using a U-bolt that was straight instead of curved, that part is what went through the slots on the bag where the belt would go. Covered the bolts with electrical tape to hide them and prevent scratching.
When the elec tape goes south slide some heat shrink over the U bolt instead.

Old 09-13-2016, 07:34 PM
DG422
Cruiser

Originally Posted by soft 02
When the elec tape goes south slide some heat shrink over the U bolt instead.
Thanks for the tip!

Old 09-14-2016, 07:23 AM
BigDogIdaho
Grand HDF Member
Received 187 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by DG422

I'm digging it! Lots of possibilities if you want to customize it later as well.

I never thought of doing a bag that way. Good job!

As a side note I like your sissy bar bag. I've put lots of miles on my Walmart special and it hasn't given me a bit of trouble....

Old 09-14-2016, 09:31 PM
DG422
Cruiser

Originally Posted by BigDogIdaho
I'm digging it! Lots of possibilities if you want to customize it later as well.

I never thought of doing a bag that way. Good job!

As a side note I like your sissy bar bag. I've put lots of miles on my Walmart special and it hasn't given me a bit of trouble....

Thanks! Got that bag on eBay for around $15 bucks and it has been worth every penny and more since I got it!!!

Old 09-21-2016, 01:09 PM
TittiesnBeer
Intermediate
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Do you have a walk through on the skeleton hand? That's awesome!

Originally Posted by Chmelion
Pardon my Softail intrusion, but I have a handful of under $50 hacksaw and small vise DIYs

Skeleton hand horn cover made from Target Halloween salad tosser and recycled spanner wrench to form bracket

PCV catch can made from $30 worth of brass water line line fittings, vinyl tubing, and a mini Jack Daniels bottle.

Men's belt $8.00 for tank and fender bib.

Brass house numbers

Brass compression fittings fit perfectly over engine and primary bolts, dab of superglue holds them perfectly.

Resin monster hand, painted by me and jb welded to a pocket door pull.

Old 10-21-2016, 12:25 AM
pyrofossil
6th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Custom Saddlebag Tailights, purchased them for about $45 and did the install myself. They are optronics glolight bigrig/trailer lights.

Free lisense plate relocation. It came with the side plate connected to the rear brake light. I just grinder it flat and drilled two holes threw the bag, one to feed the wire and the other a bolt. Had some scrape metal laying around that I used as support so it doesn't rip up the bag.

Cut out using a hole saw.

Metal bracket to reinforce the lisense plate holder. I have going to the 2 bottom bolts of the bag mounting kit.

This is with the lights on. When brakes are applied or turn signal the center lights up red.

The following users liked this post:
FLoTR (02-04-2017)
Old 11-06-2016, 10:56 AM
DG422
Cruiser

Colored plug wires for under $10.
Nashua self-fusing silicone specialty tape, available in clear, black, red, white and blue. Pretty easy to apply and saved me from spending $30+ on blue plug wires.

Last edited by soldierbot; 04-02-2021 at 07:46 AM.

Quick Reply: * HOW TO * under fifty bux *