Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

T-man performance

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2007, 03:25 AM
bcnu later
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default T-man performance

Has anyone used T-Man performance stuff? I was pretty much set on using Head Quarters 98" kit, but T-Man's dyno charts were awesome. 95" kit using Tr650 cams they were 125.7hp /111.9tq & 119.78hp/ 106.24tq.
www.tmanperformance.com/dynoruns.htm

Old 12-21-2007, 03:52 AM
nidan
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: T-man performance

There are a number of T-man based dyno's at the Latus HD site as well.

They have a very good rep

Old 12-21-2007, 06:26 AM
Leesiple
Intermediate

t-man is a little spendy but he knows his stuff. I had a 95" kit done on my 06 WG with good results. ~ 108 HP & 105 TQ. not killer numbers but good for mebecause I wanted to keep it cool and reliable. If you want to push it a little harderfor every last horse t-man is more than qualified. believe me you can feel the difference. I have claw marks where the wife tried to hold on when I decided to twist the throttle. (thank god for the sissy bar, I almost had to buy one of those "if you can read this...." shirts)

Old 12-21-2007, 07:50 AM
drdave
Cruiser

both head-quarters and tman performance are top quality companies. you will be very pleased whichever you choose. both doug and t.r. really know their stuff and are very good at putting together a package to suit your riding style and desires and are very willing to talk to you about their recommendations on the phone. call them.

i would hesitate on the 98" build myself - would much prefer the sleeved cylinders over the 98" cylinder kits. i would go with a 95" from either one of the two companies you mention and be very happy. be sure to get the complete package if you can afford it - including head porting, their cams to match the heads and your riding needs, a programmable ignition, etc - all from the same place so they can be matched for compatibility and performance (unless you have an engine builder putting your motor together who is good at what he does and has his own recommendations - in that case, follow his guides).

Old 12-21-2007, 11:36 AM
bcnu later
Stage III

Thanks for the advice. It's going to be a tough choice that may come down to the price. I got the need for speed, but hope I don't have to get one of those shirts, if youCAN'T read this.... because I mosly ride solo. Which ever one I decide to use I definetly believe in using their total set up. I respect the knowlege & expierience these guys have. It's a lot better than some local poking & hoping. drdave not sold on that on that 98" kit. I've been kicking it around and did a little research on it, but i'm totally sold on it either I'll talk to Doug & get his opinon.

Old 12-21-2007, 02:41 PM
drdave
Cruiser

just not very high on the 98" kits. way too many possible problems being discussed on the forums right now and some issues that need to be worked out possibly. i would much rather have a set of bored out sleeved cylinders and give up a coupld of inches displacement. there are a lot of the 98's out there and a lot of satisfied customers, but there are also a significant number that are working through some issues. a nice 95" kit from doug at head-quarters or t.r. at tman will run right with that 98" kit. either way, go with a complete package from a reputable engine builder - head-quarters, tman performance, hillside cycle, gmr performance, etc.