Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Video - Cross Bones

Old 01-23-2008, 04:55 AM
Dynaflyer
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Video - Cross Bones

ORIGINAL: JayFromPa

Have to say the bike looks small in that video. And the rider appears to sit really high and in the wind. Still a cool looking bike but I don't think it's for me.

And wtf is the rest of that video about? Granted, I get tired of seeing all the stereotypical promotional stuff with fat, beer-gutted old heads in denim cruising down the road looking tough, but this one is too goofy. C'mon, the one dude is riding with a set of Vans on? And what's with the snowboards and skateboarders? I'm sorry, but any person I know that does most of those types of things and is still in their 20's is going to be burning up the road on a crotch rocket, if anything. Cheezy *** promotional vid IMHO.
Jay, Have to agree with ya on this one.

Like my very cool sales man said; Harley has a bike (seat) For every a$$. I just hope with all of Harleys youth craze comes RESPONSABILE Riding.
I think we've rounded the corner from the bada$$ biker days to a more Mature riding crowd.
I sure hope that isn't eroded with some of the younger riders coming off of Rice burnin crotch rockets and transitioning to a Harley.
Rider education is the key from Harley AND the more mature riding public.I.E. Folks like You and I

Old 01-23-2008, 05:04 AM
domenicp7
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

The moco is going after the young crowd which is a good thing. The add promotes what is cool these days. I for one love to snowboard I lostthe skateboard back in the seventies though.

Old 01-23-2008, 06:56 AM
hmmr
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Dynaflyer
I just hope with all of Harleys youth craze comes RESPONSABILE Riding.
I think we've rounded the corner from the bada$$ biker days to a more Mature riding crowd.
I sure hope that isn't eroded with some of the younger riders coming off of Rice burnin crotch rockets and transitioning to a Harley.
Rider education is the key from Harley AND the more mature riding public.I.E. Folks like You and I
[sm=funnypostabove.gif]

Old 01-23-2008, 07:32 AM
grizzly
Road Master

ORIGINAL: SUPER01

ORIGINAL: grizzly

Its a pretty cool looking bike. I prefer my ole WideGlide though. I will take the raked trees and 21 inch tire.

Of course I like the vivid black, and a tasteful amount of chrome...so I am obviously not with the "in" crowd! Instead of the CB, I would rather get an old shovel head FL, fix it up.... If your gonna go old school, go OLD school! maybe something like this:

(edtit: this photo was pulled from cycletrader and is for sale. Wish I had the cash!!!)
Man you had me for a minute or so with this picture. I was about to ask you about it but then noticed the edit note.
Sweet looking bike.
Yeah, When I first found a potential buyer for my XL...which looks different than the sig pic now...I started looking for an old Shovel FL to get as a project. Found this bike and had it tacked to the wall as inspiration. But as usual, finances have pushed the project idea further down the pipe. Someday..... I cant complain, the WG is my favorite ride, and I have one. SO I guess I am doing OK. Wife wants me to buy an Ultra Sofa when i retire from the Corps.

Getting the younger generation in to Harleys rather than the Rockets is a must for the MoCo. Here on base, the Rockets are definitely the most popular with the younger Marines, but I see more Harleys every day. And they seem to really dig the blacked out, retro stuff.
Luckily, Military members Must go to a beginners course to get their base sticker. Then after a year, they have to go to the Experienced riders course, and continue going to the Experienced riders course every two years. I have been riding bikes on the road since 86, and in the dirt since 80, so the every two year thing gets old, but I think its a good program. An idiot on a bike is a danger to him/her self, and all around them. The only problem base is, as usual, the military goes overboard. The bright orange vest they make us where is horrible. I understand the mandatory boots, and long pants, gloves, ect. But that construction vest is horrible. Everyone I know pulls over outside the gate and strips it off!

Sorry for getting off topic..... the Bike is cool, I cant skate board, but good on ya if you can, ride safe!~

Old 01-23-2008, 07:40 AM
SgtThump
Road Warrior
Received 57 Likes on 44 Posts

...C'mon, the one dude is riding with a set of Vans on?...
And what's wrong with that (see my sig pic?) Seriously Jay, you need to get out more. lol... Not everybody wears leather from head to toe when they ride. Pick up some of the rat bobber mags and you'll see that almost none of those guys are wearing leather boots, chaps, jacket, etc... Those guys seem to wear Chuck Taylors or Vans most of the time. (not that I'm the fashion police)

This Cross Bones seems like it was designed for the rat bobber crowd, so I think the video is perfect.

Also, I love this bike so far. I hate that rear fender, but everything else on it seems cool as hell!

Chris

Old 01-23-2008, 07:49 AM
Dynaflyer
Road Master

ORIGINAL: hmmr

ORIGINAL: Dynaflyer
I just hope with all of Harleys youth craze comes RESPONSABILE Riding.
[sm=funnypostabove.gif]
It is funny!
But Hey What ya gonna do eh!
Hope it doesn't come off as bashing any demographic or Rider inany age group. Everyone is equal in my eyes despite the prior posting. I guess you could add I just don't get the whole blacked out thingy. Poser said it best! Mad Max..........

I do love Chrome!

Old 01-23-2008, 07:56 AM
tazman509
Road Captain

Cool videos. Not a bad looking bike. Probably need to see it in person. They always look different in person. My Fatbob will be with me for a while. Still think I made the right choice for my tatse. Good to see something new from Harley. Good excuse to go for a ride and see one.

Old 01-23-2008, 09:46 AM
fiend138
Road Captain

C'mon, the one dude is riding with a set of Vans on?
I ride with con's all of the time. The only time I don't would be because of the temp or if it is wet out and I need something waterproof.

Old 01-23-2008, 11:07 AM
JayFromPa
Outstanding HDF Member

Ok guys, since it seems like a few folks think I'm bashing younger riders or their hobbies let's just clarify that's not what I was getting at. Hell, I own a pair of Vans myself, I just don't wear sneakers when I ride and that's obvioulsy my personal choice. I just don't see it as a good idea IMO.
I haven't been on a skateboard in 20 years andI think those guys are cool to watch, but it just seemed goofy to me to intersperse that into a promo vid for a new Harley.

And I'm definitely not one of those guys who is all leathered up from head to toe when I ride either. While I think wearing sneakers is not a good idea others think I'm not so bright 'cause I choose not to wear a lid. It's all about one persons perception of what they think is good and what's not.

Just my take on things.

Old 01-23-2008, 11:41 AM
SgtThump
Road Warrior
Received 57 Likes on 44 Posts

Ok guys, since it seems like a few folks think I'm bashing younger riders or their hobbies let's just clarify that's not what I was getting at. Hell, I own a pair of Vans myself, I just don't wear sneakers when I ride and that's obvioulsy my personal choice. I just don't see it as a good idea IMO.
I haven't been on a skateboard in 20 years andI think those guys are cool to watch, but it just seemed goofy to me to intersperse that into a promo vid for a new Harley.

And I'm definitely not one of those guys who is all leathered up from head to toe when I ride either. While I think wearing sneakers is not a good idea others think I'm not so bright 'cause I choose not to wear a lid. It's all about one persons perception of what they think is good and what's not.

Just my take on things.
I was really just yanking your chain a little. [8D]

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Video - Cross Bones