Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fat Bob Squadron - owners check in!

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2014, 04:55 PM
seajay
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by adm
Pics! And congratulations on a great bike.
Haven't had time to do many pics yet. but here you go. Will get better ones in the coming weeks. Have seen your's - good choice of colour ;-)

Got a new speedo, saddlebags & Willie G fuel skull fuel gauge and fuel cap to come as the dealer couldn't get them in time for delivery, then there is the other mods I'm now thinking of after my 1st weekend with the bike.

Attachment 557292
Attachment 557293

Last edited by soldierbot; 04-02-2021 at 07:46 AM.
Old 08-25-2014, 05:14 PM
adm
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,460 Likes on 1,407 Posts

Nice looking bike!

I might be biased though....

Old 08-31-2014, 02:36 AM
( . Y . )
Advanced
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Some awesome looking Fat Bobs on here. Really appreciate those of you who have shared and provided some inspiration. Putting a couple of things on my scoot today and will post some pics up later when I get done and have gone for the obligatory test ride :-) .

In the meantime, I am curious, for those of you who have had their all the tin on their Fat Bob painted (fender, batter cover, tank, fairing if you have one etc): how much did your painter charge you?

I'm working with a guys on a plan for my bike over the winter, upgrading suspension, de-chroming as much as possible and going with an old school scalloped flame paint scheme. He's working up an estimate for me but am looking for ideas on how much the paint will cost to avoid sticker shock

Thanks for any input in advance.

Old 08-31-2014, 09:14 AM
atrox88
Ultimate HDF Member

Received 55 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by topdwg
Couple updates since I last posted on here. Added the HD tach/speedo combo, powder coated all kinds of stuff, floorboards, 2014 Fat Bob rims, rotors, flush mount HD fuel gauge, and a few other odd and ends. Some nice looking Fat Bobs on here...

I noticed in your signature you used Harley's 16" apes. I am planning on using the same apes. The Harley kit comes with 4" risers correct? I don't want the risers and from what I can tell in your pics you didn't use them?

Old 08-31-2014, 04:39 PM
Bedrockk
Intermediate

I'm lookin to throw t-bars on my fatbob - just tryin to figure out how tall.
I'm thinkin 12" - anyone else got a similar setup (or close to) they could share a pic of?

Old 08-31-2014, 05:38 PM
sioux565
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Seeing all of these Fat Bob's is giving me an itch to get one!

Old 08-31-2014, 06:50 PM
californiafatbob2013
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default New Andrews 48H Cam Install..........

Originally Posted by sioux565
Seeing all of these Fat Bob's is giving me an itch to get one!
Just installed the Andrews 48H cam's - S & S HP tappet's - SE Tapered Quick Install push rod kit and Baisley's bypass plunger and LMH2 spring...........

With a little bit of fine tuning of the push rods, she is running great..........

Now working on the fine tuning of the ThunderMax #899 map............

Bike runs and sounds very nice, very good upgrade from the stock cams.

I am running an additional 10 mph in each gear average............
Meaning if I was running 65 mph in 5th gear, I am now running 75 mph in 5th gear before shifting to 6th............

Do not know if this is the perfect cam for a 103 ci, but it is a good start for my first cam upgrade...........

Sorry no pic's of the install, to busy making sure everything was installed correctly...........

Live Free = Ride Free...........

Old 09-05-2014, 02:04 PM
the_cruz
Intermediate

Here is my contribution... Proud new owner. Came off of a Switchback. The Switchback wasn't a bad bike. Loved the looks but it sure didn't handle anything like this Fat Bob...

Last edited by soldierbot; 04-02-2021 at 07:46 AM.
Old 09-05-2014, 02:41 PM
Good_Apollo
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Old 09-05-2014, 03:42 PM
Wichita
2nd Gear
Thumbs up Fat Bob Fan!

I'm a fairly new member and have really enjoyed reading all the info and seeing everyones bikes! Thought I would share a pic of my ride and a few details on what I've done and where I'm headed on my build. Bought a clean used 2009 Black Denim Fat Bob in January this year and started the build by powder coating the horn and belt guard and rattle canned the trim on the battery cover/electric covers. I'll just list the parts: Supertrapp Supermeg header, S&S air cleaned, La Pera Barebones, DougZ 1/4 fairing (love it!), Avon Cobra tires and a TTS Master tune. Plans are for mild cams and the ungraded S&S cam gear drive and new suspension front and rear...whenever I have money again. Thanks for the great pics, keep em coming.

Quick Reply: Fat Bob Squadron - owners check in!