Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fat Bob Squadron - owners check in!

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2017, 07:08 AM
jester3k
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So i figured a thank you is in order
i managed to squeeze everything in there and will check that nothing is pinched in a few days.
Glad i asked you guys since the plug was way way inthere onthe top right.

an9ther question is anybody have any cool ideas what i can stick over the wide glide thats written in my battery cover? Preferable some cool 3d harley sticker that i havent seen yet but anything is welcome

Old 02-24-2017, 07:30 AM
cggorman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,291 Likes on 1,710 Posts

If you're not married to the chrome, you could fill it with bondo and spray it some other color.

Old 02-24-2017, 07:07 PM
Strider1
Advanced
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default New pics

Gave the "Problem Child" a bath and took some new pics. Only things left to do are the 944 shocks, fork fix, and repaint the tank(no stripes). Hope ya like! Attachment 500582

Attachment 500583

Attachment 500584

Attachment 500585

Last edited by soldierbot; 04-02-2021 at 07:46 AM.
Old 02-25-2017, 07:05 AM
jester3k
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cggorman
If you're not married to the chrome, you could fill it with bondo and spray it some other color.
i actually dig the chrome, wanted something 3d printed there... If i dont find anything ill go that route

Old 02-26-2017, 07:38 PM
Tomahawk309
Tourer
Received 122 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by Strider1
Gave the "Problem Child" a bath and took some new pics. Only things left to do are the 944 shocks, fork fix, and repaint the tank(no stripes). Hope ya like!
Looks bad ***! How do you like the Dougz fairing? More specifically how is it in regards to buffeting?
I'm trying to decide on a fairing myself for my FB.

Old 02-27-2017, 08:47 PM
HardCase
Novice
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I recently received a DougZ super-sport quarter fairing. Unfortunately, we are still deep in winter here, so it may be a while before I get to try it out. So I'm interested in the experience of others as well.

I must say that I sometimes find myself chuckling at discussion of buffeting on a motorcycle. My other bike is a KTM 1190R, a big dual-sport adventure style machine. It comes with a fairing that is adjustable to a point, and on another discussion forum that I belong to which is devoted to that type of bike I have seen some guys go to great lengths, and considerable expense, buying aftermarket windscreens, spoilers that attach to them, big ones, small ones, ones that tilt forward or back, ones that have little holes, the number of options on the list is fairly extensive. Some guys bemoan the buffeting at great length and have purchased many, as many as a dozen, different screen combos, with no 'perfect' solution found.

I have not done so. I did decide, for unrelated reasons, to change the rear-view mirrors on the big KTM to some smaller high-quality folding mirrors that are positioned much lower and to the outside of the handle-bar, and when I did I detected a considerable lessening of turbulence. Meanwhile I still have the stock screen. When I relayed this on the website several of the OCD wind prima donas were skeptical. Fine. But when I posted a picture of my Dodge Challenger and told them that, if I wanted to go for a wind-free jaunt, that's what I took, they were quite offended.

That's what it really comes down to.......if you hate wind, maybe you'd be better off to take the cage!

Last edited by HardCase; 02-27-2017 at 08:51 PM.
Old 02-27-2017, 11:48 PM
Tall Timber
Road Warrior
Received 425 Likes on 259 Posts

Originally Posted by HardCase
That's what it really comes down to.......if you hate wind, maybe you'd be better off to take the cage!
Oh man I hear you on that.

I have a 2015 BMW GSA. Riding that with Heidenaus and an Arai XD4 is about as noisy as it gets. But I love it.

Old 02-28-2017, 08:47 AM
Glenn W
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by HardCase
I recently received a DougZ super-sport quarter fairing. Unfortunately, we are still deep in winter here, so it may be a while before I get to try it out. So I'm interested in the experience of others as well.

I must say that I sometimes find myself chuckling at discussion of buffeting on a motorcycle. My other bike is a KTM 1190R, a big dual-sport adventure style machine. It comes with a fairing that is adjustable to a point, and on another discussion forum that I belong to which is devoted to that type of bike I have seen some guys go to great lengths, and considerable expense, buying aftermarket windscreens, spoilers that attach to them, big ones, small ones, ones that tilt forward or back, ones that have little holes, the number of options on the list is fairly extensive. Some guys bemoan the buffeting at great length and have purchased many, as many as a dozen, different screen combos, with no 'perfect' solution found.

I have not done so. I did decide, for unrelated reasons, to change the rear-view mirrors on the big KTM to some smaller high-quality folding mirrors that are positioned much lower and to the outside of the handle-bar, and when I did I detected a considerable lessening of turbulence. Meanwhile I still have the stock screen. When I relayed this on the website several of the OCD wind prima donas were skeptical. Fine. But when I posted a picture of my Dodge Challenger and told them that, if I wanted to go for a wind-free jaunt, that's what I took, they were quite offended.

Sometimes it's not the message, but the condescending manner in which it's delivered, that causes offense. There are those who might say the same to you because you HAVE a windshield, right? Others might mock you for being on a bike board with a picture of a car for an avatar, but that would be wrong Maybe we could all just try and get along.

Last edited by Glenn W; 02-28-2017 at 08:49 AM.
Old 02-28-2017, 02:09 PM
JackHoleRacer
Advanced
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Few more upgrades over the winter.....

Last edited by soldierbot; 04-02-2021 at 07:46 AM.
Old 02-28-2017, 04:19 PM
Tall Timber
Road Warrior
Received 425 Likes on 259 Posts

Originally Posted by JackHoleRacer
Few more upgrades over the winter.....
Very nice.

I wish I had of scotched brited my rear fender covers instead blacking them out. Looks heaps better.

Quick Reply: Fat Bob Squadron - owners check in!