Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Haulen Ass Backrest??

Old 02-14-2008, 08:49 AM
Hutson
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Haulen *** Backrest??

Anyone have one or have tried the Haulen *** Sissybar up right and backrest??

Old 02-14-2008, 04:28 PM
Gilly
Road Captain
Default RE: Haulen *** Backrest??

I am debating getting one, so interested in details also.
I have heard they are good. Definitely slicker looking that the other type like this called "Plug N Play", but if you've never heard of them you can check them out too. The Plug N Play owners like them, but if you research it, you'll see what I mean, not as slick as a Haulen ***. Haulen *** is about 200 incl the pad, which I understand is a HD part that they provide with the backrest itself. Probably could put a medallion on the back to dress up the bracket I would assume.
I asked the dealer I am buying the bike (FXDF) from, he'd never heard of it, but says they use a similar backrest scheme on the VRod and thinks it would work fine. Definitely nicer looking than the side brackets from HD, and I understand the Haulen A is easy to remove/install if you want to go sissy-less.
The other option I/we have is the new Dual Touring seat from Corbin (at least on the Fat Bob and I assume other models as well) where you can get a backrest that fits into the seat itself, rider or passenger (both seating positions). If you order one backrest, you can use it for yourself or for the passenger, easy to remove the seat and change it, or order 2 backrests and you can both have one, but unsure how much room would be left for the passenger, so she better be skinny! The Corbin seat, for the Fat Bob anyways, is $500, plus add a couple hundred per backrest, so does get pricey. I already have a Corbin on my Beemer and the backrest I already have for that would work on the Fat Bob seat, so I have it easy, I wouldn't need another backrest.
Gilly

Old 02-14-2008, 08:53 PM
Hutson
Tourer

Gilly

Thanks for the info I will check out the Plug n Play as well. I am like you I like the looks of the Haulen ***, more than likely will go with them, I was just looking to get some reviews from someone who had one.

Old 02-14-2008, 09:26 PM
70mach1
Road Master

I asked the same question a month or so ago with no responce ..

Old 02-14-2008, 09:47 PM
07FXDC
Novice

I like the look of those. Here's their web site. http://www.haulenass.com/home

Old 02-14-2008, 10:52 PM
glide05
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought one of these a few months ago - installed it. It looked really good and seems plenty sturdy. Since then I have purchased a new Corbin seat which will not work with the Haulin ***. I took the HA off without using it - 0 miles - just sat in my garage. It's basically brand new in the box - I'll be selling it on ebay within the next week for a starting price of $129 - which is $30 less than the best deal you can get on ebay. It has the small pad.

Old 02-15-2008, 09:27 AM
Haulen Ass
Former Sponsor
Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Hutson

Gilly

Thanks for the info I will check out the Plug n Play as well. I am like you I like the looks of the Haulen ***, more than likely will go with them, I was just looking to get some reviews from someone who had one.
Hutson

If you have any questions about the backrests let me know and I can help with that. Here are some pics of how they install.

Old 02-15-2008, 09:55 AM
DudleyDawson
Novice

I just recently bought one and installed it on my Street Bob. Looks pretty good. The biggest seller for me was not having to relocate the turn signals. I can take the 2up seat and backrest off and put the solo back on in a minute or 2.

Haven't had a chance to ride with it yet.

Old 02-15-2008, 01:10 PM
Hutson
Tourer

Thanks for the pics. I really like that look and think that is the way I am going to go, thanks for the info

Old 02-15-2008, 02:58 PM
Haulen Ass
Former Sponsor
Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

Any time. If you get a Haulen *** backrest take a pic of your bike with it on and we'll put it up on our website.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Haulen Ass Backrest??