Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heel Toe Shifter

Old 04-14-2010, 05:44 PM
stu50uk
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FXD2003Rider
Looking at the two images from the mounting instruction and from the online parts catalog I noticed following:

Both kits have the same p/n.....

Mounting instruction sais: "for use on 1996-09 FXD models"....

Kit from online catalog says: "1996-up FXD Floorboard Kit includes a 2 piece heel-toe adjustable shift lever"....

Kit in mounting instruction shows a one-piece heel-toe shifter lever....

Kit from catalog shows a shifter lever bracket similar to the one used in the OEM kit (will not mount on 06 Dyna's and later)....

Kit in mounting instruction shows an integrated shifter lever/front floorboard mounting bracket which can be used on all models....

To be shure if the two piece heel-toe shifter is still available and fits your demands, I'd say you'd contact V-Twin Mfg and ask them.

FXD2003Rider
Thank you for your reply FXD2003Rider.

I will contact V-Twin Mfg as you suggested.

Old 06-29-2011, 06:16 PM
Flyboytha1
6th Gear

Hello guys new to the forum, I have a 1980 Custom Ironhead Sportster that i would like to have a heel toe shifter made for any leads a fabucator shop i live in Bay Area California.

Attached Images  

Last edited by Flyboytha1; 06-29-2011 at 06:25 PM.
Old 06-29-2011, 07:04 PM
LCisnero
Novice

I have this floorboard kit on my 07 fxdl. one piece, non-adjustable heal/toe shifter. I looked for a two piece set but was not able to find one with the lengths needed. I mounted the one piece shifter and adjusted the toe side. I then took measurements for the heel side. Using a vice (with plastic sheet insert), I bent the shifter to suit my needs. did not apply heat the unit, bent it cold using a cheater for leaverage. HD dealer told me it could not be done.

When I initiallly installed the kit, my feet were too far up, vertically. I fabricated adjustment brackets to lower the floorboard by 1.25", move it out by 1" and forward by .5". With the bike standing upright, the floorboard is still slightly higher than the footpeg end originally was.

Old 06-29-2011, 09:13 PM
Flyboytha1
6th Gear

Originally Posted by LCisnero
I have this floorboard kit on my 07 fxdl. one piece, non-adjustable heal/toe shifter. I looked for a two piece set but was not able to find one with the lengths needed. I mounted the one piece shifter and adjusted the toe side. I then took measurements for the heel side. Using a vice (with plastic sheet insert), I bent the shifter to suit my needs. did not apply heat the unit, bent it cold using a cheater for leaverage. HD dealer told me it could not be done.

When I initiallly installed the kit, my feet were too far up, vertically. I fabricated adjustment brackets to lower the floorboard by 1.25", move it out by 1" and forward by .5". With the bike standing upright, the floorboard is still slightly higher than the footpeg end originally was.
Any photo's to share?

Old 06-29-2011, 09:46 PM
blacknsilver
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

I got one from off Debrix website by VTWIN Mfg for $30 and comes in chrome and had mine powdercoated black. Fits perfect on my Fatbob. Not sure what size the spindle is on your bike but I think this one is like 1/2" diameter. Reminds me of the Dewey Heel Hammer which you can't get anymore. I love this shifter setup.

http://www.debrix.com/Heel-Toe-Shift...21-0681-vt.htm

Old 06-29-2011, 10:25 PM
bikerlaw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 484 Likes on 352 Posts

I looked at that Debrix shifter. Its actually a pretty cool part. The only reason I haven't bought it is because I wanted to try to make one with more room for my boot. I bought a couple used shifter arms off ebay and just bolted them to my stock shifter with star lock washers. A lot cheaper. I may still try that Debrix thing one day.

Old 06-30-2011, 12:07 AM
Mr. Lucky
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by stu50uk
I've got a FXDX 2003 with a Dyna floorboard kit with an all-in-one heel & toe shifter (33756-01).

The Sportster shifter looks quite short. Would this do?
Sportsters have a different spline count on the shaft, so no-go on a BT.