Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Olive Pearl opinion

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2008, 10:46 PM
ChrisA351
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Olive Pearl opinion

Ok guys, I was wondering if should put this up but what the hell...

Of course as the pic shows the bike is olive pearl...I ditched the stupid crash bar and took of the passenger seat...looks way better..

Problem is I cant get past the color. I got a good deal on the bike but I wish it was flat (denim) black.

I got an offer from a friend who can paint has *** off to do a "satin" black job on it for about a grand, including materials.

I have been trying to convince myself my color is cool and different but I really dont like it.

What are your honest opinions on olive pearl...and the good price I got from my friend.

Old 02-29-2008, 10:52 PM
Bobblehead Dave
Banned
Default RE: Olive Pearl opinion

I actually like the olive green, but then again You're the one who has to ride it. Something to do with fat chicks and mopeds I think.

Old 02-29-2008, 11:09 PM
Cajun Fat Bob
Tourer

i kinda like it, just a little bit...but like the first response, your the one who has to ride it... i got a red bike because i thought red would be cool cause it was different...but im thinking of going with something black/custom at some point in the future...good luck with your decision and do what you want to do...

Old 02-29-2008, 11:13 PM
mfuchs2004
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you aren't sure about the color, then it's wrong for you. Your bike should make you smile. I saychange it to what you like. You should also check ebay for paint sets. I've seen full sets for as $500. Then you'll still have the original.

Old 02-29-2008, 11:15 PM
MIKETOW
Advanced

Sometimes having a color like Olive Pearl can be more rewarding than the same color everyone else has. My bike gets looks because of the paint. Some like it,some do not, but it still gets looks. Olive Pearl is a classic color that you will probably like in the long run. Took me a half a season to like mine. I am not a fan of the "satin" look.

Old 02-29-2008, 11:23 PM
07bobber
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

if it bugs you that much i would say get a badass paint job! u wouldnt happen to have the crash bar 4 sale would u? if so pm me

Old 02-29-2008, 11:28 PM
streetboob
Road Warrior

I like it. That's why I bought it. Don't see that many of em. See a million black ones.

Old 02-29-2008, 11:30 PM
carnes99
Advanced

I bought the denim black when it first came out in 06 and I love it; however, I personally feel that it has become way to " trendy" to have the denim. I really love mine anyway but go with what you like and have no regrets. My opinion I think it is a cool color and would look really nice with a lot of black accessories. Ride on!

Old 03-01-2008, 12:08 AM
tomato
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am obviously partial to denim black, but, like others have said, if you are not happy with the olive, change it. $1K seems like a lot of dough for a satin paint job...Have you thought about taking off the parts your self, doing the prep and simply paying someone to spray them? I would think you could do that and get a great paint job for $400 or less...The new paint set is a good option, too.

Old 03-01-2008, 12:23 AM
Original Junior
Road Master

I have the denim black and love it, always have. Yes, it's getting a little too popular but I still love it. As for the olive green, I love that too. It looks classic on the dyna. It is a real good color combo that is rarely seen. I'd keep it and look for a take of set of tins to paint flat black or a denim black take off set. Then you'll still have the green set when the time comes for you to change up and enjoy that color.

Quick Reply: Olive Pearl opinion