Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Low Bob? Low Rider to Street Bob.

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2006, 08:01 AM
Halfbuck
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Low Bob? Low Rider to Street Bob.

Hello all,

I have an 05 Low Rider. I really like the looks of the new Street Bob, and I'm considering giving my bike the same look. I'm thinking some mini-apes and a solo seat would pretty much do the trick. Can I use the stock seat and bars from the Street Bob on my 05 Low Rider? Anything else I should know or consider? Thanks!

Old 02-01-2006, 09:21 AM
dynamolowrider
Tourer
Default RE: Low Bob? Low Rider to Street Bob.

I was thinking about mini apes also but looking at the breaklines and stuf it looks expensive I dont think there is enough slak I be looking at this thred later for replies

Old 02-01-2006, 12:29 PM
haksaw
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i don't think that seat will fit but there are plenty of solo seat that would look great on there. Check the HD catalog or check out a hollywood solo seat.
Mini apes would look good on the lowrider, but if you go with the ones from the street bob you will need a new riser setup as well. It would be cheapest to get some aftermarket handlebars (flanders or wild1) and keep your risers. You will need new longer throttle cables, brake line and clutch cable

Old 02-01-2006, 05:15 PM
veniculum
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The bob is a hot lookin bike. Are you only considering a solo seat? The HD sidekick seats are pretty damn nice and they add a nice custom look. Plus you can ride with a passenger. As far as the apes...you can't go wrong! I think they'll look great on the low rider. It'll be nice to have the bob look with a little more chrome. Please post some pics after the upgrade. Love to see it.

Todd

Old 02-01-2006, 05:41 PM
Halfbuck
Cruiser

I like the thought of more chrome too, and I keep gravitating toward the solo look.

Anyone know if I can use the stock 06 Street Bob risers, bar, and cables on my 05 Low Rider?

I sat on a Street Bob a while back at the dealer and liked the feel. Can anyone tell me how mini ape handling compares to what I have with my Low Rider stock bars?

Thanks!

Old 02-01-2006, 09:54 PM
StreetBob
Cruiser

I've got a new bob, the bars are very nice and feel good. I'm actually thinking of going to a taller bar though, I've got a friend that's got 15" apes, believe it or not, but that bike is very comfortable for me. Maybe it's due to my height or something, at 6'2" the mini apes are pushed forward to make them more comfortable for me but they still don't match the taller bars that I prefer.
I'm may be pulling these off if your interested, not sure what they're worth but I need to get something so I can replace them. Probably sell them as a complete set, cables and all.

Old 02-01-2006, 10:57 PM
JSW
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just did the mini ape change on my 02 super glide. I used the stock minis from the wide glide (pre-06) and only had to change the brake and clutch cables. Handling is even better with the apes and definately more comfort than the stock bars (I'm 6 ft). Only thing I may do is get some chubby's and run the wires inside once I'm sure I love them.

Old 02-02-2006, 02:11 AM
Fat_06
Tourer

I just put mini apes and braided cables on my 06 superglide

the bars are pre 06 wide glide and the cables were direct replacements for stock wide glide, it took a couple trips around the block to get used to the different feel, but it handles great

[IMG]local://upfiles/6565/FA882C10542A4EC38430F4EE7D375539.jpg[/IMG]

Old 02-02-2006, 06:40 AM
Halfbuck
Cruiser

I hadn't considered using wide glid bars. I'll check to see how their measurments, riding position, and cost compare to the Street Bob's mini-apes.

Nice looking bike, Dan. That's the look I like. Which solo seat did you use?

Also, does anyone know if I can use the 06 Street Bob's risers on my 05 Low Rider? I think I'd have to switch from my pull backs to straight for the right look.

Thanks to all for your input so far. Great site.

Old 02-03-2006, 12:29 AM
Fat_06
Tourer

It's the stock solo seat... I was going to put the fat mini apes on it like the street bob but that requires the riser kit and new top cap, meaning my speedo and idiot lights would have to be relocated... didn't feel like making such drastic(expensive) changes right now...

[IMG]local://upfiles/6565/01C229116D9946CCB9E872495DAD95BF.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: Low Bob? Low Rider to Street Bob.