Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RB Racing LSR 2-1 exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2008, 06:22 AM
vladt
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default RB Racing LSR 2-1 exhaust

Hi All,

I am considering a new exhaust system for my 08 Street Bob.
I've read lots of good reviews on RB Racing LSR 2-1 exhaust.
http://www.rbracing-rsr.com/lsr21.htm
I would love to hear from guys who actually have it installed on their bikes and their opinions?
How loud is it? Is it good quality ? Would you recommend it?
Does it need to be dynotuned?

Any info and pics would be appreciated.

Cheers
Vlad

Old 03-15-2008, 07:40 PM
2002fxdp
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: RB Racing LSR 2-1 exhaust

dont have one but from what i've read, they take forever to get.
a couple dudes have em on here so maybe one of them will chime in

Old 03-15-2008, 07:56 PM
86d4LIFE
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have these on my 2006 Street bob. Not as loud as the Bassani Pro Streets I had on before. RB pipe sound best to me when I ride the bike hard, changing thru the gears... Well made... Waited about 2 weeks to have them made, then I picked them up at their location in Gardena CA...

Old 03-15-2008, 09:48 PM
drdave
Cruiser

lots of unhappy customers if you read the threads.

i have 2 sets on my bikes (lsr 2-1 on a fxdwg and a black hole on a fltr)and love them. very good quality. very distinctive / unique sound. also very uniqueexhaust - in that very few people have them - one reason i have them is to be different. good performance pipe but not the best.
my local indy shop says they (referring to the lsr 2-1's now)are not as loud as expected (they had never had a set before). my wife rides a fxdl behind me and she says they are real loud (her bike has vance and hines short shots with no baffles). i guess it depends on the frame of reference. they do seem loud to me compared to other pipes i have used, but not excessive. i am very satisfied and have not had any bad dealings other than an occassional long wait time for delivery once order was placed.

you will have to wait from a couple of weeks (that is short for most people) up to several months depending on whether you get included in a batch being produced. if not, you wait till the next batch which leads to the several months. don't call and just chit chat seeking info - it's on the website and they don't tend to gossip. you will feel like you were treated fairly rudely if you catch them in one of those times when they are fairly busy. don't call and bother them rudely on your part when the time tends to drag by - that does not speed up the manufacturing process, and justs leads to hard feelings on your part. be sure you want them, because once you get them, they don't give refunds - each pipe is made to your order so technically it is a custom ordered pipe. the quality is usually very high with only a few reports of flaws from dis-satisfied customers.

[IMG]local://upfiles/21457/9B3FB7F4A70648EDB78A179266BE05C4.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-15-2008, 10:45 PM
itileman
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I wanted a set, but they would not make me a baloney cut, only slash out/down. Plus, they are expensive, and, if you want heat shields, even more $$$.
I found them to be very informative and polite in the few conversations I had with them. No hard feelings toward them and saved a lot of money on the V&H Pro Pipes through Eastern Performance.

Old 03-16-2008, 08:16 AM
vladt
Cruiser

Thanks for all your opinions. Much appreciated.
I was very impressed by the level of R&D that small company like this have invested in.
I have my heart set on LSR 2-1 in black ceramic finish.

drdave - I too currently have V&H short shots stag'ed on my bike. Are the LSR 2-1 louder than the V&H.
The V&H is plenty loud for me but I don't want any quieter than they are.

Did you have to dyno tune your bike once you installed the exhaust?

Cheers
Vlad

Old 03-16-2008, 09:20 AM
the metal
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Old 03-16-2008, 12:45 PM
drdave
Cruiser

vladt: much louder than the short shots.
the black hole version i have on my fltr is in the black ceramic. i love the look and the sound. it is a flat black color though rather than a gloss black. makes for a completely different look in the black. so far it cleans easily.

do you have to dyno tune? not necessarily, but a major change like an exhaust should make the bike run differently. getting it tuned if it has a programmable ignition would make it perform much better - not saying it has to be dyno tuned, just reprogram the ignition accordingly.

Old 03-16-2008, 06:25 PM
vladt
Cruiser

Thanks again for all your info guys.

the metal - thanks for the clip mate. can't wait to get same exhaust on my bike.

drdave - "much louder than the short shots" - that's how I like it! I have a 08 model Street Bob in denim black Flat black colour would look "right at home" on my bike.
I have SERT installed on my bike. So I guess once I get the exhaust, I'll have it dynotuned to get the most out of it.

Just got an email response from RB Racing (very quickly indeed) who referring me to an Australian distributor since they won't sell me the exhaust directly.
I am going to call Aus. Distributor to see how much of a "premium" I would have to pay over the prices listed on rb-racing website.
It's actually unfair to pay a premium for a product that's literally custom-made for my bike. Will see what the local price would be...

Old 03-17-2008, 12:03 PM
tshamba
Advanced

I wish I could comment on the pipe, but I have yet to receive mine. I ordered one Feb 1st and still waiting for it show up!

Quick Reply: RB Racing LSR 2-1 exhaust