Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

O2 sensor, V&H and PCIII????

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2008, 10:04 AM
SK8ROD
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: O2 sensor, V&H and PCIII????

yup got mine from ebay, whacked them in the short shots with anti seize grease, left the old sensors in the stock pipes and the PCIII from fuel moto has run faultlessly from the get go, could not be happier, in fact the only thing i think i may try out now is the accelerator pump option.. but thats it, right through the rev range the motor runs without hessitation, popping or anything else and its got loads more grunt, a whole new bike to ride. Lastly, if your getting the short shots, think about the quiet baffles, they work really well on these pipes..

pete

Old 04-30-2008, 11:26 AM
ehretja
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just did my PCIII, Ness BS Stage 1 and Python Staggered Duals install in my driveway last week. Once you install the PCIII you won't need the O2 sensors. The PCIII comes with the eliminators and as many have already said in this topic.... disconnect the sensors from the bike harness and fish the cables out. Then remove your stock exhaust along with the O2 sensors. I went to the autoparts store and got a pair of 18-1.5mm oil drain plugs for a wopping $4. They're not flush like the ones you can buy in J&P or Drag Specialties. But then again those cost 4 times as much. Also, the oil drain plug version has a very large male hex on it so if you ever needed to torque that SOB off you could and not fear stripping out the hex on the plug. Anti-seize is a must.

Total time to do the whole install was a few hours. I'm technically competent but in no way a "wrench". Get a in-lb and ft-lb torque wrench as well. They'll be very helpful on the air cleaner install so you're not cracking the backplate by over torqueing it.

A couple other pieces of advice that i got off this forum that were a big help to me. You can install the PCIII under your seat on the Bob (if that's what you have). It's a tight fit but with moving some things around and cutting some of the factory zip ties its definitely manageable. Also, make sure you use some di-electric grease on the PCIII connectors. Finally, on my pythons (same as VH BSS) i installed the pipes without the heat shields. Then once pipes were on i put the heat shields on. Instructions probably tell you to install shields first but if your short shots are like the BSS, getting the pipes around the cylinders with the shields on and without the help of a buddy, can be a tough task. Without the shields on my pipes fell into place easily on the first try.

Old 04-30-2008, 11:44 AM
shimmon
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

good deal.... i was searching high and low to find a O2 plug locally. i guess i need to go to carquest and get 18mm oil drain plug... i was going to take a few bolts home tonight and see which thread. is it the metric corse or fine thread?

Old 04-30-2008, 02:14 PM
ozfree
Cruiser

Go here and read about stage 1 and fuel management......if you haven't already

https://www.hdforums.com/m_3287480/tm.htm

Old 04-30-2008, 02:50 PM
cornishman
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: shimmon

good deal.... i was searching high and low to find a O2 plug locally. i guess i need to go to carquest and get 18mm oil drain plug... i was going to take a few bolts home tonight and see which thread. is it the metric corse or fine thread?
The plugs are 18mm 1.5 pitch if that helps.

Old 04-30-2008, 06:56 PM
gt46660
Cruiser

i HAVE THE SAME SET-UP THAT YOU HAVE ORDERED. i HAVE BEEN RUNNING IT FOR ABOUT A YEAR AND A HALF. (sorry about the cap lock)

I installed the O2 sensors in the new pipes and used the the stuff that comes with the PCIII. I used a map from the website and I am happy with it. After I get back to the states I will get it dynoed to see if Ithelps any.

Old 04-30-2008, 07:05 PM
Frankster69
Tourer

are those the big shot staggered ? they don't make the staggered in the big shot short . The staggered has the power chamber

Old 04-30-2008, 07:21 PM
gt46660
Cruiser

see intial post... Short shot staggered

Old 04-30-2008, 07:56 PM
ehretja
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Josh, you should be good to go if you just find the 18mm - 1.5 drain plug. I went around first looking for an O2 port plug and they all looked at me like i was speaking chinese. THen i found on the forum that some guys had used oil drain plugs which were both easily available and cheap.

It's a fairly coarse thread. At my auto parts store that was the only 18mm -1.5 plug they had and it worked perfectly. I put the anti seize on and installed. When i first installed the plugs didnt go in all the way. After i got the bike started the first time they loosened up a little and i was able to put them in all the way. No problems so far. Oh and don't be surprise if you see a little smoke at first around the plugs... that's just the excess anti seize burning off.

Jeff

Old 04-30-2008, 08:04 PM
Sabaka454
Cruiser

Any standard O2 bung plug will work. I wouldn't use loctite, I'd use antiseize.

http://www.google.com/products?q=o2+...en&show=dd

Quick Reply: O2 sensor, V&H and PCIII????