Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dyna or Bagger

Old 05-06-2008, 04:26 PM
HD1044
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dyna or Bagger

Ok, I know it will come down to preference after riding, but am trying to decide between a bgger and a Dyna. I am leaning toward the Dyna because my type of riding will be one up and just going out and riding back roads, around the beautiful mountais and small towns in Arkansas. feel the Dyna is a bike I will feel like just getting on and riding. The baggers which I like seem like more of an event. Also, love the look of the FXDC and FXDB. Anyone else been through this or have comments to share? Oh, am 48 and getting back on the street after 25 years. Have been riding a lot of dirt and moto though during that time so have been at least riding.

Thanks!

Mike

Old 05-06-2008, 04:39 PM
rmatt34
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Dyna or Bagger

buy the Dyna, make it as cool as you can, the day of your last payment , buy a street glide .... That is my plan anyway!!!!
oh, by the way...the street bob is the way to go...but then again , I'm a little biased....

I also moto. and like to get the street bob crossed up on the dirt roads ..just for a little counter steering action...

good luck either way you go....

Old 05-06-2008, 04:54 PM
HD1044
Cruiser

rmatt34,

Thanks for the response. Paying cash so not concerned about the money or last payment. Love the Street Glide too!

Old 05-06-2008, 05:01 PM
domenicp7
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

I would really look at how you want to use the bikes. If you are going to do alot of long distance touring I would go with a bagger. If you are doing day trips, weekend tripson twisty roads you can't go wrong with the Dyna. I have never owned a bagger but will get one to go along with my dyna once I have the time to use it properly. I work alot of hours these days and don't have the time for week tripsand would just be wasting what the bike was built to do.

Old 05-06-2008, 05:21 PM
gtfm
Cruiser

Get the Dyna

Old 05-06-2008, 05:26 PM
pappy43
Tourer

Almost sounds like you have answered your own question....and based on your riding preference comments I will say that it will be hard to go wrong with a Dyna.Now, if your into that comfort thing then that's another can of worms. Anyway good luck with your decision and hope you get on the road soon .

Old 05-06-2008, 05:28 PM
matkiwi
Road Master

Back roads = Dyna

Old 05-06-2008, 05:37 PM
therideahead
6th Gear

seems everyone is saying Dyna-
honestly, given your age, (I'm 46) you'll need saddle bags, then the windshield, a more comfortable seat.... basically, by the time your done, you'll have a mini bagger, so go ahead and get the real thing - I vote Street Glide. Plus, you can play your favorite CD too.

Old 05-06-2008, 05:45 PM
subculture08
Tourer

Dyna!

I do not have the two up seat, tall sissy bar or Nylon Touring Luggage System on my bike
in my sig pic but I think you can get what I am saying. Two up touring is no problem on a Dyna.
I have added the Bare Bones disconnects to the bags in my sig for my everyday ride. Plus when
I tour alone (leave the lil lady at home) I can set the bike up with just enough storage based on the
trip.

Dyna!

Old 05-06-2008, 06:03 PM
Topspin
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Buy both... you don't have a money problem. I'm getting ready to pull the triugger on a bagger (in addition to) myself.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Dyna or Bagger