Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Street Bob - Bitch Seat Help

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2008, 10:52 PM
MetallicaMatt
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Street Bob - Bitch Seat Help

I've got an '07 street bob
&nbsp\\;
I love the bike with the single seat
&nbsp\\;
but recently I've found someone who wants to ride on the back[sm=grinangel.gif]
&nbsp\\;
what's the cheapest way to get a passenger set?&nbsp\\; all new seat? pegs? help me out i'm new
&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;
If there is anything out there, that would make it easy to switch back to a single seat easily, that'd be great
&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;
how much am I looking at to get a bitch on back?&nbsp\\; cuz I need this quick!

Old 06-08-2008, 01:07 AM
labfreak
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Street Bob - Bitch Seat Help

Can't remember $ exactly, but peg mounts and pegs about $150.00 and a seat, depends on what you want, maybe 200.00 to 300.00 but check ebay, good luck!

Old 06-08-2008, 01:14 AM
Daehawc
Tourer

you can buy the HD passenger pillion for about 140 bucks and then it will work with your stock seat. Can't remember how much pegs were but labfreaks estimate seems close. Or you could even go cheaper and just get one of those suction cup seat pads....

Old 06-08-2008, 04:03 AM
BluBob
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I bought the passenger pillion ($130), but then returned it and went with a badlander seat ($190).&nbsp\\; The problem with the pillion was that you have to pull the stock seat, bolt the pillion to it, move the receiver plug, then re-mount the seat.&nbsp\\; It is a lot faster to just pull the stock solo and mount a two up, especially if you buy an extra receiver plug (don't know what the part name actually is).&nbsp\\; Now I run the badlander most of the time because I usually have a backpack on and don't want it to scratch the fender paint.&nbsp\\; I mounted the bumper kit to the seat instead of the fender, and bought an extra plug and quick change knurled finger bolt.&nbsp\\; So that route you are looking at 200 and change, plus the rear pegs and mounts.&nbsp\\; Sometimes you can find them on the forum in the classifieds.

Old 06-08-2008, 04:40 AM
rockon
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Depends on the situation I think...me, I'm married to my passenger, and I know she's gonna want rides, so I'm going with a detachable sissy bar, and most likely a 2-up seat. They tend to be more comfortable than a pillion, and it's almost easier to just remove the solo and switch the 2-up seat in than deal with a pillion.

Old 06-08-2008, 06:24 AM
Travlinman314
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There was a thread on here about a month ago which solved the problem of using the passenger pillion, he cut grooves in the stem of the pilluon so you just slide it in place and place one phillips head screw in, done.
&nbsp\\;
I happen to have a once or twice used pillion for sale for $50 plus shipping, and a few other parts for a Dyna, but not the passenger pegs.
&nbsp\\;
PM me or check out my thread in "Motorcycle Parts for Sale".

Old 06-08-2008, 06:35 AM
BLade1127
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I guess, seat wise, it depends on the type of 2-up riding you're planning to do.&nbsp\\; From experience, the HD passenger pillion is rock hard, the Sundowner is not too bad.&nbsp\\; Easier to find a really comfy 2-up if you plan to ride long.&nbsp\\; If it's just bumping around town, the p-pad will be fine.&nbsp\\; It is a pain to keep going from solo to 2-up, if you do go that way.&nbsp\\; Either way, you'll need the brackets and pegs.

Old 06-08-2008, 07:09 AM
skip3406
Road Captain
Received 27 Likes on 2 Posts

Mustang makes a good 2 piece seat and you can get either the thin pad or the wide pad.&nbsp\\;I have the&nbsp\\;thin pad but my heavest passenger is 135 lbs. My neighbors wife said it is more comforable then the seat on a low ride.

Old 06-08-2008, 07:47 AM
Bobber S
Tourer

There is no real inexpensive way of doing it. Loose the bitch or shell out the dough. Once you get a seat she will want a backrest. If you&nbsp\\;don't want removable back rest hardware on your bike go with the Corbin duel Tour. is it Cheap ? NO

Old 06-08-2008, 10:58 AM
dauspainting
2nd Gear

haulen *** backrest with badlander seat works good for me
can change back to solo seat in a few minutes

Quick Reply: Street Bob - Bitch Seat Help