Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

anybody use octane booster intheir bobs?

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2008, 08:45 AM
freebyrd
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default anybody use octane booster intheir bobs?

i live in cali and all we got is that weeny 91 octane gas would this hurt the bike?

Old 06-25-2008, 02:03 PM
Treasure
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: anybody use octane booster intheir bobs?

Yup, the Lucas stuff is shown in independent tests to be one of the better ones...thats the one I use....I'm about 11.25:1 compression on my 98 GMR however I have no problems most of the time because I'm usually running from 6K to 10K feet of elevation....but I use the Lucas below 5K of elevation and the compression releases are needed to get her started.....have had no problems with the fuel injection on 06stbob using&nbsp\\;the Lucas....if you search there were like two other brands&nbsp\\;shown to actually work.....dunno if stock compression would really require anything better than 90 octane even at sea level....if you lug the bike&nbsp\\;like in 6th gear at 50mph up a&nbsp\\;slight hill and roll the throtle on that is when it will usually ping if it is goin to.&nbsp\\;

Old 06-25-2008, 02:24 PM
Dyna_Soar
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: anybody use octane booster intheir bobs?

I know what you mean.&nbsp\\; I miss my Sunoco 93 Octane from back East
&nbsp\\;
As far as the '96, the compression isn't really all that high at 9.2 to 1, so 91 Octane is fine, unless you get the engine real hot, or go to Death Valley (real low altitude). I haven't experienced any knocking, even at high idle temperatures. I have used the Octane Booster in my Corvette though, since it has a 10.5 to 1 compression, and can be borderline on 91 Octane. On hard acceleration, by Vette would give a few pings and then the computer would pull back the timing on the fly to tune out the knock. But that also means it's pulling back on the horsepower/torque, so I throw a bottle of boost in there once in awhile. It works!