Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need Help! Just put a deposit on a Yamaha!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2008, 02:51 PM
tomato
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Need Help! Just put a deposit on a Yamaha!!!

Dyna Brethren:
&nbsp\\;
As I've said many times, I love to ride, and I love bikes, all kinds, but especially my Street Bob.&nbsp\\; I've been wanting/looking for&nbsp\\;a "Touring" bike for some time, but I just don't like the HD's.
&nbsp\\;
Well, I just put a deposit on an 08 Yamaha FJR 1300.&nbsp\\; All black.&nbsp\\; The closest one I could find is an hour away, so they are holding it for me to pick up this Friday.&nbsp\\; MSRP is $13,900, but I got it for $14,000 out the door.&nbsp\\; This bike seems pretty damn sweet, and I've heard nothing but good things about them. Unfortunately, I have yet to roll one.&nbsp\\; The test drive will be the final step before we finish the deal.
&nbsp\\;
Do I need to be talked out of this?&nbsp\\; Opinions?&nbsp\\; If I back out, I'll only lose $100.
&nbsp\\;
Thanks!!!

Old 06-25-2008, 03:07 PM
SK8ROD
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Need Help! Just put a deposit on a Yamaha!!!

just my .02 but nothing would get me on a jap thing,, i have raced them and spent over 30 years riding, building and selling them,, they are mere transport to me, nothing can get close to my hog

Old 06-25-2008, 03:17 PM
grandpawmoses
Road Master

I was on a charity ride this past weekend &amp\\; noticed that of the touring models &amp\\; the dressed out cruisers, Harley was in the minority. The metrics&nbsp\\;look nice&nbsp\\;but they still don't have the Harley attitude. I guess all I can offer is to tell you that I'd do alot of soul searching &amp\\; determine which I'd be happy with in 6 months ( the $5k or the attitude).
GPM
&nbsp\\;

Old 06-25-2008, 03:18 PM
DMas
Road Master

It's your cash, dude.&nbsp\\; I won't be caught dead on a metric.&nbsp\\; but tha's me, not you.

Old 06-25-2008, 03:35 PM
wafu321
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Congratulations, you are going to have a blast on that thing.

Old 06-25-2008, 03:37 PM
fatbob422
Advanced

hey, if you want to ride a bike like a woman riding a man...your call

Old 06-25-2008, 03:37 PM
Sharknose
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

They make great pianos.&nbsp\\; That's why there are tuning forks in their logo.

Old 06-25-2008, 03:38 PM
LowRider08
Advanced

ORIGINAL: tomato

Dyna Brethren:
\\\\\\;
As I've said many times, I love to ride, and I love bikes, all kinds, but especially my Street Bob. \\\\\\; I've been wanting/looking for \\\\\\;a "Touring" bike for some time, but I just don't like the HD's.
\\\\\\;
Well, I just put a deposit on an 08 Yamaha FJR 1300. \\\\\\; All black. \\\\\\; The closest one I could find is an hour away, so they are holding it for me to pick up this Friday. \\\\\\; MSRP is $13,900, but I got it for $14,000 out the door. \\\\\\; This bike seems pretty damn sweet, and I've heard nothing but good things about them. Unfortunately, I have yet to roll one. \\\\\\; The test drive will be the final step before we finish the deal.
\\\\\\;
Do I need to be talked out of this? \\\\\\; Opinions? \\\\\\; If I back out, I'll only lose $100.
\\\\\\;
Thanks!!!
Hey, if you like the Yamaha buy it. You still have a sweet Harley to ride when you want. If you are trading the Harley for the Yamaha???
that is your choice. Personally, i would choose to keep the Harley. If I had my way I would have my LowRider and a few rice burners as well.

Scott

Scott

Old 06-25-2008, 03:42 PM
KBFXDLI
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts

I have a Yamaha piano in the great room.....Harley in the garage. j/k I started on a Yamaha RD350. Who cares if you like it ride it.

Old 06-25-2008, 03:46 PM
tomato
Tourer

My Bob ain't going anywhere man.&nbsp\\; Not a chance.&nbsp\\; Just looking for a ride with cargo space and a windshield to go long, long distances comfortably. I'll never add bags or glass to my Bob...
&nbsp\\;
Appreciate the remarks, guys.&nbsp\\; Agree with many.&nbsp\\; Keep them coming, as this is going to help my decision.

Quick Reply: Need Help! Just put a deposit on a Yamaha!!!