Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

okay you Fat Bob owners a few ???

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2008, 07:12 PM
masterblaster
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 258 Likes on 100 Posts
Default okay you Fat Bob owners a few ???

I am a Bagger Rider, always will be, that being said just took a hard look at the Fat Bob, it got me thinkin. Getting ready to unload the wifes sporty, like it but too small and hard on the back (Nightster), she does not ride enough. I am thinking about selling it and getting the Fat Bob as my fun bike.
&nbsp\\;
How&nbsp\\;is the bar position and comfort for long rides?
&nbsp\\;
Thinking about taller bars, Street Bob bars maybe?
&nbsp\\;
Have not seen many of these bikes with any bags on them, are they bagable, sissy bar bag, temp type bags only for the odd long trip?
&nbsp\\;
Maintenance / other HD design complaints I should know about?
&nbsp\\;

Old 07-02-2008, 09:07 PM
db252
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: okay you Fat Bob owners a few ???

The Fat Bob is definately a fun bike.....real fun.&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;
I love the position of the drag bars and I have no problem riding long periods.&nbsp\\; I have 11,000 miles in six months so I have been riding lots.&nbsp\\; Any position can tiring after long periods weather it's more of a natural position or obvious uncomfortable positions but anything is changable to a riders wishes yet I will never change the stock set up.
&nbsp\\;
I have bags.&nbsp\\; They are made by Boss Bags and they are quickly removable, lockable to the bike, and have locking lids.&nbsp\\; They work with or without the stock sissy bar set up.&nbsp\\; They are top notch quality bags and provide for me endlessly.
&nbsp\\;
You have a HD so you know the maintenance.....no difference.&nbsp\\; It's great that you can set yourself up for two bikes but you might find yourself riding this a lot more than you plan.&nbsp\\; Go ride one.

Old 07-02-2008, 09:16 PM
jwb47
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: db252

The Fat Bob is definately a fun bike.....real fun.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
I love the position of the drag bars and I have no problem riding long periods.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; I have 11,000 miles in six months so I have been riding lots.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; Any position can tiring after long periods weather it's more of a natural position or obvious uncomfortable positions but anything is changable to a riders wishes yet I will never change the stock set up.
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
I have bags.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; They are made by Boss Bags and they are quickly removable, lockable to the bike, and have locking lids.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; They work with or without the stock sissy bar set up.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; They are top notch quality bags and provide for me endlessly.
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
You have a HD so you know the maintenance.....no difference.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; It's great that you can set yourself up for two bikes but you might find yourself riding this a lot more than you plan.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; Go ride one.
&nbsp\\;
+1 I wouldnt change the stock set -up its pretty comfy and the seat is the best factory seat I have seen.

Old 07-02-2008, 09:27 PM
Dooley
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8,972 Likes on 1,475 Posts

Bars are a hit and a miss IMO.
Great for attacking the twisty's, not so great for long distance comfort.

JWB47 is right about the seat, I'm still amazed at how comfy it is.

Pipes also sound pretty good for stockers and get louder as the miles rack up.
Not quite loud enough though................

Old 07-02-2008, 10:52 PM
Scooter Wench
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I personally prefer drag bars and was even going to make that one of my mods after I purchased a bike last year.&nbsp\\; Then I saw the Fat Bob and that was all she wrote.&nbsp\\; I also have the forward controls and love that stretched out riding postion.&nbsp\\; It's very comfortable for me.&nbsp\\; I've ridden 11,000 miles since the beginning of October.&nbsp\\; Did 1,400 in six days through the Smokies.&nbsp\\; I wouldn't expect to be able to go as far as you can go on a bagger, but for a cruiser style bike it is extremely comfortable.&nbsp\\; The stock seat is one of the most comfortable I have ever sat on although I switched it out for a Lepera Barebones just because I like the way it looks better.&nbsp\\; If I'm going to do any distance I purchased an Airmax cushion and I'm nice and comfy.&nbsp\\; You can also get a detachable windshield for long trips which is a real nice feature.&nbsp\\; It pops on and off in less than 30 seconds.

I bought a set of Cortech bags which sit on my back fender.&nbsp\\; They hold quite a bit.&nbsp\\; At least enough for a couple of nights.&nbsp\\; Between my husband's Heritage, T-bags and my bags we are able to travel quite comfortably.&nbsp\\; Here are a couple of pics of my bags.

You definitely have to go ride one.&nbsp\\; They are a very comfortable and easy riding bike.

Old 07-02-2008, 11:20 PM
MNrider
Tourer

My only issue is with the bars on long rides.&nbsp\\; I did a 250 mile ride and towards the end my throttle wrist was getting very sore.&nbsp\\; It was on the freeway with a good cross wind so i had to lay on the throttle for miles doing about 75mph.&nbsp\\; I had my wrist all the way down and the bars make my fist point to about 1 or 2 o'clock.&nbsp\\; It just got tireing.&nbsp\\; I probably should have moved my grip on the throttle up more to relieve the pain, but i toughed it out.&nbsp\\; No numbness from the seat though.&nbsp\\; Everything else is great.&nbsp\\; The bars are really nice in the twisties and the wide tires stick like glue.

Old 07-03-2008, 07:25 AM
FATBOB67
Road Captain

I had a Bagger, but decided this time I wanted something alittle different. I don't like saddlebags on most bikes so I am set up with a T-Bag setup. I like it better because it all comes off when I get home from a trip and I can use it as a back rest when riding long trips!

Old 07-03-2008, 10:22 AM
masterblaster
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 258 Likes on 100 Posts

Thanks everybody, you have helped me make my choice. It will be a Dark Blue Pearl Fat bob, just a 103 upgrade, detach wind screen, Super SERT and exhaust intake performance package&nbsp\\;out the door, that should help me keep up with the rest of the crew I run with when we do rides. Love the look of this bike, dammit I have to stop visiting the dealer.

Old 07-04-2008, 07:26 AM
Scooter Wench
Road Captain

You're gonna love it MasterBlaster!&nbsp\\; Great choice!&nbsp\\; Wait until you get on it.&nbsp\\; You will love it even more!&nbsp\\; I promise.

Old 07-04-2008, 07:33 AM
Buch
Cruiser

Long live the FAT BOB!!! Gvie me an AMEN[sm=biker.gif]

Quick Reply: okay you Fat Bob owners a few ???