Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Detachable Windshield for Wide Glide

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2008, 09:42 AM
frankb
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Detachable Windshield for Wide Glide

I am looking for a Detachable Windshield for my 99 Wide Glide.&nbsp\\; The wind is really beating me up.&nbsp\\; Any suggestions and/or pictures ?&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;
Thanks ....
&nbsp\\;
99 Wide Glide
Stage 1
&nbsp\\;

Old 07-03-2008, 09:44 AM
dyna07custom
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default RE: Detachable Windshield for Wide Glide

its a norrow not a wide but they do make the same shield for it

Old 07-03-2008, 09:48 AM
frankb
Intermediate

Where did you get it ???

Old 07-03-2008, 10:20 AM
BigBeavk
Intermediate

I have a 100th aniversery quick detach windshield for a wide glide I'll sell you for $120.00. I also can include the mounting hardware for $50.00 if you have the same size forks. Mine is a 2005 Wide Glide with 41mm forks i believe. Let me know and I can post Pics. For me the wind buffeting was terrible but it all depends on your height and helmet type. I also trimmed a couple inches off and it helped alot but not enough for me. I'm 5'6" and wear a 3/4 helmet with a face shield. It's not bad with the face shield up. Also I've seen that some people put a tool bag on the front triple tree that helps cut down on the wind coming underneath. Shipping costs would also need to be added or if your in MD I'll install it and you can see if it works the way you want it before you buy. I'll check back later for your reply and I can provide the part numbers so you can see if it fits yours.

Old 07-03-2008, 10:20 AM
Biker Bob
Road Warrior
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Ebay, less than $200 should get you one in like new cond.&nbsp\\; Bob

Old 07-03-2008, 10:59 AM
jaxdwg
Road Warrior
Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts

I have a national windshield in combination with Jack's Flaps. I can ride at speed with a baseball cap ( straight up) without losing the cap and the vest cuts the wind noise by half and the wind up-the-front by 70%.&nbsp\\;Put your left arm across your chest like a salute, at 60, and see if you are happy. If so, the vest will work good for youcheers-jack&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\; www.jacksflaps.com

Old 07-03-2008, 11:08 AM
carltex
Road Warrior

Check out Memphis Shades. Some don't like the hardware left on the forks when the shield is off though. I have the Memphis Fats but they have several sizes.

Old 07-03-2008, 11:17 AM
joe.1955
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 72 Likes on 45 Posts

I've got the Mempis Shades Rio Grande on my 08 WG&nbsp\\;and bought another one for my wife's 96 Low Rider.
&nbsp\\;
Comes off quick but does leave hardware behind on the fork tubes. Has a lot of adustment points and the hardware comes off by removing four allen bolts.

Old 07-03-2008, 01:08 PM
sargek
Road Warrior

I've got the HD short/compact QD and it works well to keep the pressure off my chest. I don't like the way it looks at all, but I am willing to sacrifice comfort for looks. I've tried riding without it, but spend the whole ride trying to hang on and it sucks. Maybe I am getting old or something because I've never had a bike with a windshield.

Would like to try that Rifle solo someone posted about, but don't have hundreds of $ to try different windshields...

Old 07-03-2008, 01:49 PM
dyna07custom
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

ORIGINAL: frankb

Where did you get it ???
hd out of the catalog Quick Release Detachable Touring Windshield

The Touring Windshield features an aerodynamic design shaped to provide hours of riding comfort. The additional center width directs airflow past the hand grips, and deflects rain and road debris around the rider. The windshield mounts to the fork tubes with elegant die-cast lever-release clamps, so the windshield does not require any "leave-behind" docking hardware. You get quick on-and-off convenience, and a clean, custom look. No tools are required, and the kit includes everything needed to install thewindshield. The tough, hard-coated polycarbonate windshield features traditional chrome horizontal and vertical braces.

Fits '06-later Dyna® models (except FXDWG, FXDF and FXDSE). Windshield dimensions: Overall height 26.3"\\; height above headlamp 18.5"\\; width 25".&nbsp\\;

Clear

57015-06

MSRP US $414.95

Quick Reply: Detachable Windshield for Wide Glide