Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

blown signal fuse now no pump or starter?

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2008, 11:46 PM
vlongrider
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP! blown signal fuse now no pump or starter?

Hello I have a 2006 Harley Dyna FXDCI for some reason my fuel pump and starter button will not work? but, This Bike has only about 3600 miles in all this is the first problem I have had with it. this all seemed to happen after blowing a fuse in the signal lights I pinched a signal wire the Left handlebar switch wile replacing my stock bars I also found after blowing the fuse I had a lose left rear signal socket in the rear signal light before fooling with this I unhooked my battery just to be safe. fixed both problems and replaced the fuse hooked the battery back up. Now I have no power to my start switch or fuel pump? Again I replaced all the fuse's and the lights all seem to work fine but still no power to the start button or fuel pump?? Any Ideas what could be the problem? Oh the battery is fully chargedcould it be the security system has me locked out? can this be cleared?.
Thanks for your time and help
vlongrider

Last edited by vlongrider; 08-30-2008 at 10:31 AM. Reason: wrong side rear tail light&rewrite
Old 08-28-2008, 01:59 AM
nigelgeast
Road Captain

maybe you have blown another fuse, check all of your fuses

Old 08-28-2008, 03:48 AM
Dodzi
Advanced

+1 Sounds like check the rest of the fuses as well.

Old 08-28-2008, 07:40 PM
seniorsuperglideE8
Supporter

Received 4,282 Likes on 2,349 Posts

Yep, check your fuses one at a time. Use your owner's manual as a reference as far as what fuse is supposed to go where.

Old 08-28-2008, 09:58 PM
vlongrider
Stage IV

Sorry I said right side signal light" it was the left That blow the fuse. any way I replaced all the fuses, rechecked each one with a metter only bad one was the one that was blown. checked the new ones too just to play it safe. I was told about resetting the security code to the Fobb today but the info was for an 01 fat boy with a carb. so I'm thinking it must be different? still no power to the starter or fuel pump I called the dealer all they would say was I'm locked out because of the short in the left signal and they can unlock it but I have to bring it in at a cost of about $200 Bucks" to do a fault test on the Dyna" I think I'll pass on that offer"

Old 08-29-2008, 09:32 AM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

check your wires under you fender, you may have shorted them or cut though them... i woudl bet though your issue is a pinched or stripped wire under your dash

Old 08-30-2008, 08:51 AM
vlongrider
Stage IV

Don't have a dash with gauges on the fuel tankI have a gas gauge and Gas fill opening/cap. My problem all started when I pinched a wire in my left switch housing it killed my signal fuse. I disconected the battery and checked all the fuse's found the blown fuse replaced it now My 06-FXDCI will not start no fuel pump or power to the start button. I have replaced the fuse's all of them now still nothing. nothing else has been messed with other than a lose light socket in the left rear tail light I fixed that all the lights work as they should. I have been told by the dealer that my security system has me locked out and the same thing by two other dyna riders with streetbob's I know. so at this point I am really confused about the issue, I bought the bike as a repo and have no way of knowing any security code that may have been placed in the security system and I have no owners manual, I was able to use one of the streetbob owners manuals to see if I could make sure the key fobb button deal to set the security deal was set to the bike and from the info in the manual it seems to turn on and off the security system. as for the speed-O mount there are no wires pinched under the top riser clamp that the speed-o and dash lights are hooked to. any other I deas?? thanks for your reply
Virg

Old 08-30-2008, 12:33 PM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

do you have your bars internally wired?

Old 06-05-2012, 10:36 AM
fat bagger
Stage I

Originally Posted by vlongrider
Hello I have a 2006 Harley Dyna FXDCI for some reason my fuel pump and starter button will not work? but, This Bike has only about 3600 miles in all this is the first problem I have had with it. this all seemed to happen after blowing a fuse in the signal lights I pinched a signal wire the Left handlebar switch wile replacing my stock bars I also found after blowing the fuse I had a lose left rear signal socket in the rear signal light before fooling with this I unhooked my battery just to be safe. fixed both problems and replaced the fuse hooked the battery back up. Now I have no power to my start switch or fuel pump? Again I replaced all the fuse's and the lights all seem to work fine but still no power to the start button or fuel pump?? Any Ideas what could be the problem? Oh the battery is fully chargedcould it be the security system has me locked out? can this be cleared?.
Thanks for your time and help
vlongrider
What did you end up finding out about your bike. I have an 05 Road King and the same has happened to mine. It will not start, no fuel pump or power to the start button. Signals do not work now but do work as running lights. I added apes to it and front signals as it did not come with any when I bought it. I have 1 key fob and no owners manual also. Can you tell me what you ended up doing.