Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Sons of Anarchy" - T-Sports?

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2008, 11:45 AM
2007fxdc
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default "Sons of Anarchy" - T-Sports?

Anybody watch the new show, Sons of Anarchy on FX last week? Definitely saw some dynas - just wondering if those with the fairings were T-sports? Don't know enough about them to tell for sure.

Old 09-09-2008, 11:53 AM
07bobber
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Nope they were all new dynas blacked out with thunderheaders and 1/4 fairings

Old 09-09-2008, 11:57 AM
PigInaBlanket
Club Member
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Looks like 2 Sports (I think it's 2 but I'm not exactly sure what Juice's bike is, it doesn't have dual front discs), 2 Street Bobs, a Superglide and a custom bobber. The prospect looks like he has a Sport also.
All of them had fairings except for 1 Street Bob and the custom bobber.
See here http://soa.blogs.fxnetworks.com/

Last edited by PigInaBlanket; 09-09-2008 at 12:00 PM.
Old 09-09-2008, 12:00 PM
rockon
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

I didn't even notice they had Thunderheaders...the bikes were in all of 1 or 2 minutes of the whole show.

Old 09-09-2008, 12:04 PM
PigInaBlanket
Club Member
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Well now you know.

Hopefully the first episode didn't show the bikes much cause they were trying to lay down all the ground work for the characters. Maybe in future episodes the bikes will get more air time.

Old 09-09-2008, 01:15 PM
steel insane
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This show SUCKS!

All riding the same style, year, color, etc. bike with those goofy screens? Sad...

Good thing it sucks - hopefully it won't be on the air long enough to give bikers a bad rap.

Old 09-09-2008, 02:18 PM
rdondes
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The show is pretty realistic in that it shows how real One Percenters act. The show intentionally depicts One Percenters who are into drugs, guns, murder, prostitution, etc. Remember, One Percenters are Hells Angels, Pagans, Bandidos and Outlaws.
Regarding the Harleys on the show, the bikes look terrible with those tiny fairings - One Percenters usually ride softtails or touring bikes - not Dynas.
By the way, the president of the Sons of Anarchy, actor Ron Perlman, is scared to death of riding a motorcycle.

Old 09-09-2008, 03:04 PM
CRF
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rdondes
- One Percenters usually ride softtails or touring bikes - not Dynas.
Not sure where you live but around here we have a very high concentration of HA chapters (8 full chapters within 2 hour ride) plus numerous "support clubs" and the vast majority (I'd say 70%) of them ride either Dynas or FXRs. The rest ride baggers mostly - although I did see one on a V-Rod of all things. You never see one on a softail - ever -....for the most part in talking to them they consider softails to be a poser bike.

That's 'round here anyway - maybe different where you live but the show is in no way inaccurate showing 1%ers on Dynas - thats all I ever see them ride....I'd think it was bogus if they were on anything else........

Old 09-09-2008, 03:35 PM
last saint
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by CRF
Not sure where you live but around here we have a very high concentration of HA chapters (8 full chapters within 2 hour ride) plus numerous "support clubs" and the vast majority (I'd say 70%) of them ride either Dynas or FXRs. The rest ride baggers mostly - although I did see one on a V-Rod of all things. You never see one on a softail - ever -....for the most part in talking to them they consider softails to be a poser bike.

That's 'round here anyway - maybe different where you live but the show is in no way inaccurate showing 1%ers on Dynas - thats all I ever see them ride....I'd think it was bogus if they were on anything else........

Alright! CRF is 100% right. AND....those aren't T sports you saw in the show, most of them are FXDX (superglide sport.) The T sport was the same bike as an FXDX but it came with a fairing and detachable bags. The Fairings on Jax's bike and a couple of the others is an Arlen Ness fairing. The bike that Clay Morrow (Ron Perlman) is riding is a 08 superglide with a HD quarter fairing.
This show is accurate as hell when it comes to the bikes...that's all I'm gonna say bout that.

D

Old 09-09-2008, 03:58 PM
Dawg Rider
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by rdondes
Regarding the Harleys on the show, the bikes look terrible with those tiny fairings - One Percenters usually ride softtails or touring bikes - not Dynas.

You forgot to add: "At least they did on Wild Hogs..."

Quick Reply: "Sons of Anarchy" - T-Sports?