Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Windshield on 2006 FXDCI

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2008, 11:45 AM
obonaven
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Windshield on 2006 FXDCI

I'm contemplating a windshield for my 06 Super Glide Custom. I have the speedo high up on the handlebars, not on the tank. I'm curious how a windshield will fit around that and the headlight. Does it look like it is too far forward on the bike? Can a windshield bag fit up there as well? It seems th speedo would be in the way of a bag.

Anyone have any pics? specifically an overehad look at a shield, with the handlebars, the speedo, and the headlight in the shot?

Old 09-11-2008, 11:59 AM
bberck
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

The HD quick release will work fine with the speedo and doesnt look to far out at all. On mine you can use some of the windshield bags but not all of them. I will try and take a pic in a few if noone else posts up. All the pics I have of the bike are with the windsheild off.

Old 09-11-2008, 12:46 PM
PoCoBob
Road Master
Received 368 Likes on 145 Posts

Don't have a top view. This is a HD quick detach standard. I tried several windshield bags and nothing fits right. Since the picture was taken I've added a bag at the bottom of the fork tubes. That worked well.

Attached Thumbnails Windshield on 2006 FXDCI-bike.jpg  
Old 09-11-2008, 03:36 PM
trevd
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't have a pic right now, but the Memphis Shades Fats that I have does not stick out at all ahead of the headlight.

I've seen the HD quick detach shield, and to me it just doesn't look right. The windshield seems to stick out an inch or two in front of the headlight.

Don't know about a windshield bag - probably wouldn't fit though. I use a fork bag.

The one problem you might have with the memphis fats is that I find I can't adjust it at quite enough of an angle towards me, if you know what I mean. I find that it has to stick right straight up almost, which I think causes more air to come around the bottom of it, into my face. But then I got my lowers, and that seems to fix that for the most part. But, I would like to be able to adjust it a bit more at an angle, and see if that helps.

Old 09-11-2008, 03:57 PM
bberck
Elite HDF Member

Pics added

Attached Thumbnails Windshield on 2006 FXDCI-08-super-glide-042.jpg   Windshield on 2006 FXDCI-08-super-glide-043-800x600-.jpg   Windshield on 2006 FXDCI-08-super-glide-044.jpg  
Old 09-13-2008, 09:08 AM
obonaven
Road Master

Thanks for the pics. I'm still on the fence about a shield. Those who have 'em love 'em and recommend them. Those who don't have 'em hate 'em and don't recommend them...

Old 09-13-2008, 09:31 AM
bberck
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by obonaventure
Thanks for the pics. I'm still on the fence about a shield. Those who have 'em love 'em and recommend them. Those who don't have 'em hate 'em and don't recommend them...
I hated them and didnt want one untill I bought one lol

I still like it off for around town or short rides but if going several hundred miles its great. Thats why I like the quick detach it takes 10 seconds to take it off.

Old 09-13-2008, 10:17 AM
obonaven
Road Master

[QUOTE=bberck;3864386]I hated them and didnt want one untill I bought one lol /QUOTE]

See I rest my case!

Now that brings up a different question. I know how the quick detach works and how easy it is to take on and off. How is a "non-quick detach" windshield attached? Does anyone know how involved it is to remove and put back on? I have a few friends who have the quick detach and never take it off. So I figured if I went that route why bother with a quick detach if I may never take it off and I may save a few bucks maybe.

Old 09-13-2008, 10:36 AM
Tanxane
Novice

My wife has one on her 2006 FXDCI, it's a super sport windshield, she use it only for long trips

Old 09-17-2008, 03:42 PM
hk_rebel
Novice

Here's my 06 with windshield hope they help!!! The windshield's a clamp on. Speedo doesn't touch it.

Quick Reply: Windshield on 2006 FXDCI