Go Back   Harley Davidson Forums > Harley Davidson Motorcycles > Dyna Glide Models
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, FXR Super Glide, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by: True-Track Inc.

P

Old 04-02-2006, 08:39 PM
Elite HDF Member
Default what is the best springer front end?for my streetbob

ok.i saw a few weeks ago someone modified a picture of a streetbob with a springer front end.i loved it,and been thinking of it ever since,now iam going to do it to my bobber.winter project,just want to get all the stuff now.but i was woundering were to buy the best springer front end.thier is so many diffrent manufactures now adays.not sure which is crap and which is good.they range from 500-3000 dollars,but i know one thing,just cause its expensive ,doent mean its good.my friend told me PAUGHCO springer front ends are good.do you have any suggestions?and is it possible to do it to a dyna????thanks a ton [IMG]Click the image to open in full size.[/IMG]

2006 StreetBoB
Wdg Frt End/21 x 3.25" Frt wheel,V&H Stagg./Chrome Sliders/Mustang solo & Corbin Dual Tour Seat/Linby Highway Bar/14.5 ApeHangers/Diamond Back Cables/2 Inch Tank Lift/Chrome Rockers & More
Old 04-02-2006, 09:24 PM
Senior Rider
Default RE: what is the best springer front end?for my streetbob

If you know someone with a springer (get someone you don't like) and steal theirs. Just Kidding!!! I believe the stock HD one should bolt right on. I believe the neck on the Dyna and the Softail are the same size. Keep surfing Ebay of call some salvage yards. I'd use a HD one but thats just me.
Old 04-02-2006, 10:05 PM
Road Warrior
Send a message via AIM to veniculum

Quote:
ORIGINAL: Bigbird

If you know someone with a springer (get someone you don't like) and steal theirs. Just Kidding!!! I believe the stock HD one should bolt right on. I believe the neck on the Dyna and the Softail are the same size. Keep surfing Ebay of call some salvage yards. I'd use a HD one but thats just me.
I agree..I'd stick with Harley. I'd love to see one on a bobber. I love the springers...especially with apes.

Todd
Old 04-02-2006, 10:16 PM
Elite HDF Member

the one thing about the oem springer front ends,i dont really care for is their width.thier to skinny.and i would like to go with a wider one to fit the bobbers width.so it dont look to skinny in front

2006 StreetBoB
Wdg Frt End/21 x 3.25" Frt wheel,V&H Stagg./Chrome Sliders/Mustang solo & Corbin Dual Tour Seat/Linby Highway Bar/14.5 ApeHangers/Diamond Back Cables/2 Inch Tank Lift/Chrome Rockers & More
Old 04-02-2006, 10:28 PM
Road Master

look up sugar bear in S0-Cal. His front ends are awesome and made to order. Also try http://www.redneckengineering.com/
Old 04-02-2006, 10:31 PM
Prospect

Would be cool to get one with rake degree about like the wide glide or maybe a little more. Could also come up with some pretty cool color combinations, say black powder coat on the spring arms and chrome on the main forks. That and a 21" front would really make a custom BOBBER.
Old 04-03-2006, 05:18 AM
Road Captain

I think DNA makes a direct bolt on. www.trydna.com. There are other companies like Jerry's Springer and Redneck that could probably build one to fit if you like their look. I think DNA would be quite a bit cheaper though. There is nothing wrong with not going with an HD springer if you don't like the look. I've done away with ALOT of stock Harley stuff that I didn't care for to get the look I want...just do whatever you like the look of that will work.

2011 Black Denim Street Bob: 103" Stage III with port and polish, V&H Comp 2-1, RSD air cleaner, Progressive 970s and front springs, Flanders Bad Boy bars, RSD contrast cut rocker, cam, and derby covers, grips, pegs and gas caps, Dakota Digital gauge, Joker Machine front signals, Alloy Art strut rear signals, HD LED and V-Rod fairing, C&C Fastback.
Old 06-24-2006, 01:25 PM

SHOULD HAVE BOUGHT A SOFTAIL SPRINGER IF YOUR NOT HAPPY WITH THE NEW DYNA PLATFORM WHICH IS THE BEST HD HAS EVER PRODUCED SINCE 1903
Old 06-24-2006, 01:48 PM
Road Captain

Cant wait to see the finished product, I would go with the black springer it will look sweet.
Old 06-24-2006, 01:48 PM

P