Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mini Apes or Drag bars?

Old 11-01-2008, 02:48 PM
mjaw
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mini Apes or Drag bars?

I have the stock handle bars on my '98 FXD and was thinking of changing the bars to one of these styles. I think the apes would look better,but not sure what to get.

Old 11-01-2008, 03:12 PM
wescoot2
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I think more important than looks, would be the fit of each to your riding style.

Respects,
Ed

Old 11-01-2008, 03:21 PM
Big Poppa Pump
Road Captain

I say 20" apes.

Last edited by Big Poppa Pump; 11-01-2008 at 03:33 PM.
Old 11-01-2008, 03:29 PM
lionsm13
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 69,816 Likes on 21,295 Posts

What ever you think you can afford bud, changin' out can get expensive due to cable and grip as well as riser changes. Ain't nothin' cheap except some of the handlebars, and even then some of them get spendy. Chubs and Carlini's start at about $200.

Old 11-01-2008, 07:11 PM
dblkick
Cruiser

If you want to look cool, sporty, what ever... go drag bars, But if you don't want a knot in your back, & would like to ride for a while in comfort, go apes. 14"

Old 11-01-2008, 07:18 PM
Gwjvw
Road Warrior

If you want your bike to look sweet put on some 16-18in apes, "opinion" But its a painfull ride! Drags look good to and are Very comfortable and can ride for hours! My bike with the apes ooks awsome but i hate every moment of it when i ride more than 15-20 mins, but my bike looks cool!

Old 11-01-2008, 08:07 PM
cruzin papa
Road Captain

I have mine in the shop now having mini apes put on it. They found out a week ago that they needed the cables so they had to order them. It's been sunny and in the high 60s here the last few days. Man H-D shipping is slow.

Old 11-01-2008, 08:19 PM
PHILO
Novice

I had drag bars on my 94 Softail Custom. I found them comfortable because my seat (Corbin) held me in a good position, ie no back strain. I have mini apes on my 09 Softail Custom and I think my wrists bend down a bit and cause my joints to crack and pop after a long ride. The drag bars I had put my wrists strait and I had no fatigue. Maybe I am just getting old?!

Old 11-01-2008, 10:21 PM
Yonaton
Not Smart Enough To Be A Member of HDF

Originally Posted by PHILO
The drag bars I had put my wrists strait and I had no fatigue. Maybe I am just getting old?!
I'm having a bad time with my left wrist from the stock bars on my '09 Super Glide. I'm also thinking about getting something that will put my wrists perpendicular to the bike, instead of an angle like it is now as stock, would be *much* more comfortable...but I want the same distance back (toward the seat) that the stock grips are now. (make sense?). I'm thinking some drag bars would do the trick if I can still use all the stock stuff to attach 'em onto my bike with...is there such a beast?

Anyone know of a place that might have something like what I'm wanting - at a pretty cheap price and easy to swap out so I can do it myself and not have to change anything with the wiring? (sorry too if I just stole the thread )

Old 11-02-2008, 03:49 AM
Mascman
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My brother and I both run Duece risers with drags.

Being shorter than him, I also run an additional 2" spacer under the risers.

The Superglide cables were long enough for this setup.

Got everything from www.KCInt.com.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Mini Apes or Drag bars?