Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ordering my wheels need advice - Fat Bob..

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2008, 09:27 PM
Los11
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Default Ordering my wheels need advice - Fat Bob..

Hey guys so I have posted before on my old school build for my 09 Fat Bob. so I am ordering the wheels this week and tires. My question is this I am going for the oldschool look and need pinions on the wheels and exhaust to finish the look.. I am staying with 16's front and rear and I am gonna do whitewalls I am going with a HD Dunlop the RKC rear tire which ia a 180 whitewall for the front tire I am either gonna stay with a 130 whitewall which is also on the RKC or go with a 150mm wide front whitewall a avon.. So here is the choice I am doing spokes for my Black denim Fat bob.

Chrome Spokes with Whitewalls + chrome Samson Street Sweepers and leave the Fat Bob the way it is right now so this look would be a oldschool flat black tins with all chrome accents.
OR
Black Rims and Black Hubs Silver Spokes with Whitewalls + Black or Chrome Samson Street Sweepers and gonna black out the tree's, headlight bezel and the rocker boxes all black. And possible White Wrap on the black pipes or black wrap on chrome pipes. This option would be more of a all blacked out old school look.

Whis do you guys think is the best way to go

Last edited by Los11; 11-01-2008 at 09:30 PM.
Old 11-01-2008, 09:54 PM
Talldog
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

I know we all have different tastes, but personally, I think the stock Fat Bob wheels are great. Good luck on making the bike "your own" though.

Old 11-01-2008, 10:45 PM
benwiggin2
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can"t wait to see it whatever you do.

Old 11-01-2008, 11:15 PM
Los11
Road Captain

Yeah I am not a big fan on the stockers cause I think the Fat Bob should have spokes like the SB does, but they are nice mags. I really like the look of a exile cycle like there bulldozer which is a Fat Bob stance I think the fat tire look with 16 inch Spoke wheels is what a true Fat Bob is all about..

I think I made up my mind going with whitewalls and chrome spoke wheels for a nice classy old school look.

Old 11-01-2008, 11:31 PM
SH_01FXDWG
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I went with polished stainless twisted spokes on my front wheel. I thought it gave that old school look to the bike. I also like the looks of fat daddy sinister 50 cal spokes.

Old 11-02-2008, 12:42 AM
nkauf21
Outstanding HDF Member

Either of your options would look real good. I know that doesn't help! Have you thought about red rims. Those would look great with white walls and go well with your denim paint.

Old 11-02-2008, 01:30 AM
Los11
Road Captain

Originally Posted by nkauf21
Either of your options would look real good. I know that doesn't help! Have you thought about red rims. Those would look great with white walls and go well with your denim paint.
LOL no help at all..... Yeah I did but the chop I built I had gone with a set of red rims with a translucent red actually so I like them but I really want to do a clean classy old school bob. I am really just leaning to chrome spokes 60 spoke probably and with the whitewalls and maybe some white wrap on those pipes.. Here is a pic of the chop I built not with the red spokes but with PM villian wheels.. Hey what do you think about going with a velocity stack for a aircleaner... Also if I go with the chrome do you gusy think I should still powder coat the headlight bezel and the tree's ??

Old 11-02-2008, 01:20 AM
nkauf21
Outstanding HDF Member

You can't go wrong with chrome 60 spoke wheels. If that's the direction you want to go, I would powdercoat the trees black to match your sliders. Get the chrome engine kit and get some custom pipes with black wrap or keep the engine the way it is and use white wrap.

Old 11-02-2008, 08:21 AM
tweakin
Road Master

I vote for the second of the two choices. Black rims and hubs with silver spokes, this will set off the whitewalls. Black motor with chrome exhaust wrapped in black. It is going to look sick. I like the direction you are going.

Old 11-02-2008, 08:30 AM
rounder
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by tweakin
I vote for the second of the two choices. Black rims and hubs with silver spokes, this will set off the whitewalls. Black motor with chrome exhaust wrapped in black. It is going to look sick. I like the direction you are going.
as such you should wrap your pipes black too! I did my big radius... looks awesome...wrap the heat shields!
That 09 you got is sweet!!!

Quick Reply: Ordering my wheels need advice - Fat Bob..