Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My FLDCI project

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2008, 09:39 AM
07bobber
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

looks sick cant wait to see more pics of the process

Old 11-17-2008, 10:54 PM
ackman1968
Elite HDF Member
Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by cflchurch
looks great. i'm going to use a rear fender frome an 09' roadking classic, its the same width as fatbob rear . i will have to patch some mounting holes. i'm still don't know what i want to do as far as old fxdp floorboards or new softail style . both need minor mod, but i want the easiest route. anyway, great job. Brian
Have you priced the fender yet? Just curious as that's my back up plan if this fender project goes way south on me. I'll know tomorrow once I get after it with the welder.

Thanks for the good words everyone. That's the nice thing about these forums, good feedback and encouragement when you dive into something like this.

Old 12-10-2009, 09:14 AM
roofer
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How did you know how of the road king fender to use, I have a fl rear fender so I just need to get a donor fxd fender could you give me a little more info on how you did it, out all the people that have done this conversion yours looks the cleaniest very nice job. I have my front end on almost it powder coated all gloss black from a fatboy I will post some pics later Thanks for all the help ypu have given me

Old 12-10-2009, 09:29 AM
ezriderpgh
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why? Just why?

Old 12-10-2009, 11:03 PM
ackman1968
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by roofer
How did you know how of the road king fender to use, I have a fl rear fender so I just need to get a donor fxd fender could you give me a little more info on how you did it, out all the people that have done this conversion yours looks the cleaniest very nice job. I have my front end on almost it powder coated all gloss black from a fatboy I will post some pics later Thanks for all the help ypu have given me
If you're asking about the fender I have pictured here I canned that idea. It was way over my head in regards to metal working. I ended up using a 2009 Street glide fender which fit quite nicely after a little grinding on the struts. Have you compared the width of the FL fender to your stock one? Depending on what you have they should be close so you might be able to drill some holes and bolt it up. I know that's what this guy did.... http://www.kenandjudy.us/MyHarley.htm The only reason I had to do what I did is the 06 and newer are close to an inch wider than the 05 and older rear fenders.

Originally Posted by ezriderpgh
Why? Just why?
Why not? Here's the real answer, Road Kings look like **** without the bags and I don't want to run with bags all the time. The Heritage and Deluxe are both nice bikes but I am not interested in owning a Softail, the *** end doesn't have the look I want. If I ever manage to get my hands on a late fifties Duo Glide (inspiration for this build) it sure as hell won't be a daily rider like this one is. And last but not least...........i did it for the same reason I converted a 72 Blazer to two wheel drive and lowered it....because I can!

Old 12-10-2009, 11:55 PM
danktat
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks like it is coming along nicely...keep the update pix coming.

Old 12-11-2009, 01:48 AM
dirtbag113
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you have done a great thing there brother, i like that alot! i want to throw a springer front end on my 07 SB at some point way down the line. that thing will be more valuable that a soft tail due to the rear end set up. again sweet ride brother.

Old 12-11-2009, 07:24 AM
bikerlaw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 485 Likes on 353 Posts

Those that can...do. Those that can't....wonder.

Old 12-11-2009, 09:11 AM
ackman1968
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by dirtbag113
you have done a great thing there brother, i like that alot! i want to throw a springer front end on my 07 SB at some point way down the line. that thing will be more valuable that a soft tail due to the rear end set up. again sweet ride brother.
Thanks man. I agree with you on the springer, they look sweet on the Dynas. I would love to get one and be able to swap front ends for a different look but that's a bunch of money to do that. I guess I just need to get another bike!!!

Old 06-16-2010, 09:09 AM
U-234
Road Warrior
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

ackman, hows about some pics with bags and shield. And I thought you were changing out the nachelle.
There seems to be a growing interest in the FL-Dyna look, so I thought it was a good time to bring this thread back to the front.

Quick Reply: My FLDCI project