Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Carlini t-bars original or clean sweeps

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2008, 03:20 AM
BUSCHA
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Carlini t-bars original or clean sweeps

I am looking to get t-bars for my 2007 WG. I am interested in the 1.5 7" Carlini original and clean sweeps. Can you please post pics? Experience with the bars/quality? I am also considering street slammers and Wild 1 501's.

Old 12-22-2008, 08:44 AM
C-Cat
Tourer

not the best pics, but these are the 7 in. clean sweeps. they are a tad wider then the t-bars, but radiused instead of an angle bend. i really like these bars, stayd with the stock bushings without any vibration.

Attached Thumbnails Carlini t-bars original or clean sweeps-img_0425.jpg  
Old 12-22-2008, 08:46 AM
C-Cat
Tourer

another pic

Attached Thumbnails Carlini t-bars original or clean sweeps-img_0424.jpg  
Old 12-22-2008, 09:21 AM
BUSCHA
Tourer

That's great PitDog, thanks for the pics. Do they make you lean forward in comparison to the standard bars? Are they comfortable?

Old 12-22-2008, 05:31 PM
cooknhogz
Advanced

I have the 9in 1.50 clean sweeps on my 08 fat bob and they were well worth the money. Sweet Sweet bar

Old 12-23-2008, 12:12 AM
BUSCHA
Tourer

Thanks cooknhogz! Whenever you find the time could you please post some pics? Also was it easy to do the internal wiring? Would I need to buy special handgrips (I have the skull collection handgrips)?

Old 12-23-2008, 05:18 AM
C-Cat
Tourer

the lean is just about perfect, i'm just over 5:9. didn't get mine inernally wired yet, because the 07 streetbob has that thick fabric type sheathing. i picked up some of the normal plastic type to run inside the bars. the bars are very comfortable, and the 7in. just barely clear the tank. i considered the 1.5 diameter 9in. rise/pullback but thought that would be to much towards the torso and upright, almost leaning back. i kind of like to have my arms slightly outward.

Old 12-23-2008, 06:13 AM
BUSCHA
Tourer

Thanks PitDog! I am exactly the same height as you, so they should fit me fine. We have different bikes (mine is a 07 wide glide), but I do not think that this should make much of a difference. (Can anyone from the wide glide crowd comment on that?) I also think that the clean sweeps look great.

I looked at street slammers but they have a bit less rise and pullback (the catalogue gives 6.75" and 5.75" respectively) and Wild 1 501's (8" rise, 11.5" pullback). I am sure that Wild 1 measure pullback differently. They claim that their 500's which are only 6" rise give you 10.5 pullback! (That's also very odd consideing that the standard mini apes have 7.25" pullback).

Last edited by BUSCHA; 12-23-2008 at 06:17 AM.
Old 12-23-2008, 12:17 PM
C-Cat
Tourer

Originally Posted by BUSCHA
Thanks PitDog! I am exactly the same height as you, so they should fit me fine. We have different bikes (mine is a 07 wide glide), but I do not think that this should make much of a difference. (Can anyone from the wide glide crowd comment on that?) I also think that the clean sweeps look great.

I looked at street slammers but they have a bit less rise and pullback (the catalogue gives 6.75" and 5.75" respectively) and Wild 1 501's (8" rise, 11.5" pullback). I am sure that Wild 1 measure pullback differently. They claim that their 500's which are only 6" rise give you 10.5 pullback! (That's also very odd consideing that the standard mini apes have 7.25" pullback).
i agree. not only that the street slammers are more cash than the t-bars and about the same as the clean sweep 1.25 like i run. 9 and 8in. rise your turning yourself into a human parachute imho. that's why the mini apes had to go! i would say, besides drag bars are cool, but some of you may take it the wrong way. lol!!

Old 12-23-2008, 01:15 PM
Mascman
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by PitDog
the lean is just about perfect, i'm just over 5:9. didn't get mine inernally wired yet, because the 07 streetbob has that thick fabric type sheathing. i picked up some of the normal plastic type to run inside the bars. the bars are very comfortable, and the 7in. just barely clear the tank. i considered the 1.5 diameter 9in. rise/pullback but thought that would be to much towards the torso and upright, almost leaning back. i kind of like to have my arms slightly outward.
That sheathing doesn't have to go inside the bars.

When me and my brother did our bikes, I cut that sheathing into 2 pieces and we both just used it to clean up the look of the wires were they went from the bar to the frame.

Quick Reply: Carlini t-bars original or clean sweeps