Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anybody replace there in tank fuel line?

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2016, 11:20 AM
Vinnie Barberino
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by soft 02
Nope. Tens of thousands of miles in CA with submersible fuel line with no issues.
Thanks for the response. I thought what I was told was odd since I've read a lot of good results in this thread. Maybe the shop i talked to has dealt with the wrong type of line being put in.

Old 07-29-2016, 08:22 PM
mahagowitz
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've got about 54,000 miles on my Prestone Fuel Injection line from Autozone. Best $3.19 I've spent on the bike. I carried a spare 18" with me while I traveled the first year or so but have never had an issue.

Old 08-09-2016, 09:31 AM
DG422
Cruiser
Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Update

so it has been a while but I finally got around to dragging out the tools this weekend and doing more research to figure this issue out and it seems as though I have! I took off the air cleaner and reconnected everything under the tank after i confirmed that everything in the tank was still seated and connected properly. I then took a test ride and was going well, but then the poor acceleration started. So I went back and hit the computer for some research, this forum is an incredible asset. I also decided to check the diagnostic codes from the speedometer, the one that i got back that was most interesting was p0263 rear fuel injector lean/low. More research led me to the electrical connector on the rear injector and I played with it and noticed that while i moved it the idle changed, there was my issue. I rebuilt the connector and reattached this morning and voila, rode all the way to my office, no check engine light, no poor throttle response. I have ordered two new Fuel Injector Connector with Terminals, Wire Seals and Secondary Lock from Namz Custom Cycle (link below) so I can replace the front and rear, they come pre made with pigtails for easy connection. I am still getting some error codes regarding the TPS and the MAP sensors, will check those connections later to make sure they are seated properly. The wonky fuel injector connection seems to be another one of those issues that HD may or may not be aware of but seems to affect enough riders that perhaps a change needs to be made? I want to really thank everyone that has continued to respond to this thread and I will update what happens next as I proceed. Peace out, and keep the shiny side up!

http://www.namzcustomcycleproducts.c...72098-06-conn/

Old 08-09-2016, 03:02 PM
Mid-Night-Rider
Tourer
Received 89 Likes on 50 Posts

Anyone else have a really hard time getting the 5/16" line onto the plastic fittings? I tried and tried and could never get it all the way seated. Finally, after 4 years, it came apart (yesterday) on the freeway. This time I tried 3/8" line and I was able to get it all the way seated, clamped, and got a much better connection. Both lines were brought from NAPA.

To this day, I still have no idea how the rest of you manged to get the 5/16" onto the fittings without breaking the plastic assembly. There must be a trick I'm not privy to.

Also, after 4 years and 30k miles on CA gas, there was no "gummy" anywhere in or on the 5/16" line I removed.

Old 08-09-2016, 03:14 PM
soft 02
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,570 Likes on 2,888 Posts

I used a heat gun to get mine on plus a little glycerin to lube it up.

The following users liked this post:
Mid-Night-Rider (08-09-2016)
Old 08-09-2016, 03:39 PM
Max Headflow
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,234 Likes on 3,613 Posts

I agree.. Heat gun and any kind of lube helps.. Tying to do it with ambient temps on the 50s F and no heat is next to impossible..

Mid-Night-Rider (08-09-2016)
Old 08-09-2016, 04:09 PM
Mid-Night-Rider
Tourer
Received 89 Likes on 50 Posts

I tried lube, but didn't think about using a heat gun. If my new 3/8" line fails (I doubt it will, it's on there pretty damn good), I'll re-try the 5/16" + heat gun + lube.

Thanks guys!

Old 09-13-2016, 10:46 AM
cardboard
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I put the Gates Submergible fuel line on about all the fuel line hoses in my Bike about 3 yrs ago.
The one that blew off was the one going down to the quick disconnect fitting.

How long is this fuel line hose suppose to last when we use Ethanol fuel ?
Anybody know.
I know on the bag is says warranted for 1 yr.

Old 10-19-2016, 11:07 PM
jdvorchak
Road Captain
Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

Here is an interesting find while searching for submersible fuel line. I have not bought one. I just ran across this a minute ago. It looks just like the OEM fuel line on my 08 Dyna that I replaced a few months ago with the Gates hose. And a lot cheaper than the $20 Gates.

For the money I may just buy one and see how it works.

http://www.autoperformanceengineerin...html/kits.html

APE is well known in the auto and motorcycle industry.

DG422 (10-20-2016)
Old 10-20-2016, 06:01 AM
stilup
Road Warrior
Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts

Who wants to gamble on cheap hoses?
Still running three years , no problems with the gates.

Quick Reply: Anybody replace there in tank fuel line?