Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HELP! Battery box swap

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2009, 09:38 AM
oxmason1
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP! Battery box swap

I need some advice. I am looking at buying my wife a 1995 Dyna Super Glide to replace the Sporty that was stolen. The problem is the battery box, and coil cover stick out to much and force her legs out too wide to control the bike. Of course on the newer models (that cost 6k more) they have switched to a smaller battery, box, and cover, so that it is not an issue. I hate to spend 6k more just for that. Does anyone know if i can switch the new box, battery, and etc in to the 95 Dyna? Thanx!

Ox

Old 01-11-2009, 10:16 AM
Mascman
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I know that on my '06, everything is pretty well packed in there.

Get them to pull the covers off and see if you have room to play in there, but I'll bet it'll require a lot of reworking. Not sure what kind of fabber you are or if you'd be paying someone else...paying someone would probably cost more than it's worth.

Have you thought about lowering the bike to help her out? You can get shorter shocks cheap and lower springs for the front. This should, in theory, allow her to straddle the bike better I would think.

How tall is she?

Old 01-11-2009, 10:25 AM
satosan
6th Gear

Isn't the battery box and coil directly under the seat? Forward controls? Seems like the air filter cover would be more of a problem. How about an 01 low rider if your in the South Carolina area.

Old 01-11-2009, 11:49 AM
bigmikaele
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Damn, sorry her sporty got stolen. Where you at that that happened? Did she have the security system/forks locked? Was it just a case that they really wanted it?
Again, sorry she lost her bike but it sounds like you are going the right direction with her new one. X2 on checking inside the box to see if there is room and/or the size of the battery inside. Not sure if the battery width has changed (never really paid much attention). but if that is the case it shouldn't be a big deal switching it all out. Good luck.

Old 01-11-2009, 06:53 PM
oxmason1
Stage III

I am in Winston Salem NC, not too far, whatcha got???

Old 01-11-2009, 06:56 PM
oxmason1
Stage III

Thanks for all the tips. the 95 super we are looking at has already been lowered, so I still need to do something with that d@mn box.

Both my 06 softail and her 06 sporty were both lifted in the middle of the day from my garage. they broke into my truck 1st and used my gargage door opener. got some of my tools too!

Old 01-12-2009, 05:55 PM
satosan
6th Gear

That's crazy I heard about people here in Charlotte breaking into to people's homes using their garage door openers from the cars parked outside. I'm just across the border from Charlotte. 01 FXDL, vivid black, 38,218 mi. daily rider so the paint is not perfect but it cleans up pretty well.

Attached Thumbnails HELP! Battery box swap-harley1.jpg