Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Two up seat options

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2009, 11:20 PM
gman
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sundowner solved my wife's complaints. makes it much more comfortable, especially on the longer rides.

Old 01-13-2009, 11:21 PM
OhioSkully
Club Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I sold my factory seat on my superglide custom and bought a HD sundowner and dam its comfortable. and got the detach sissy bar great for the wife or kids riding. Then i picked up a dyna solo factory seat on hear for $50 bucks and run it when just running around. Tell you what the HD sundowner at about $260 is one of the most comfortable seats and your wife will like it.

Old 01-14-2009, 07:03 AM
dpriest
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

dont have any pics but hd sundowner and detachable sissy bar and rack when the wife tags along. very comfy

Old 01-15-2009, 08:28 AM
cornishman
Road Master

Originally Posted by 08fxdb
Is that pillion pad, this pillion pad?

Passenger Pillion for Dyna® Street Bob® Models, p/n 51535-06?

and do they really come on and off that easy? I am thinking about going with that plus detachable short sissy bar and small tapered luggage rack, but I want to be able to take the whole thing off right back to the solo when the missus aint with me.
Not sure of the part No.( your seat looks the same as mine ). The hold down plate on the back of the solo seat removes and goes on the back of the pillion pad to secure to the fender. Another plate that comes with the pillion pad attatches the pad to the solo seat in the holes vacated by the hold down plate. This might sound fidddley but it takes a few minutes and its all very secure. The sissy bar / pad unclips with no tools in seconds.
Hope this helps

Old 01-15-2009, 11:33 AM
08fxdb
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cornishman
Not sure of the part No.( your seat looks the same as mine ). The hold down plate on the back of the solo seat removes and goes on the back of the pillion pad to secure to the fender. Another plate that comes with the pillion pad attatches the pad to the solo seat in the holes vacated by the hold down plate. This might sound fidddley but it takes a few minutes and its all very secure. The sissy bar / pad unclips with no tools in seconds.
Hope this helps
That does help alot, thanks for the reply. Does the pillion scratch up the fender?

Old 01-15-2009, 11:50 AM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

I rock a Lepella silowette (love this seat) really holds you in the saddle and still low and lean for when i ride solo... this seat is only diff from the bare bones cause it has a bit of a hump on back for support! i love it!!!!

and when she is not riding her own (rare) she gets on back with me... i have the stock seat with passanger pillion...

I also keep a suction seat at my brothers house in case we are out and someone wants to go for a scoot, or she is to drunk to ride her own, i do not go far with it, but it works for a quick scoot

Old 01-15-2009, 01:07 PM
devils haircut
Road Warrior

My wife and I swear by the C&C sport our seat. looks great and is really comfortable.

Old 01-15-2009, 05:35 PM
cornishman
Road Master

Originally Posted by 08fxdb
That does help alot, thanks for the reply. Does the pillion scratch up the fender?
The pillion pad comes with rubber pads to protect the paint on the fender.
If you do decide to go for the Harley pad check the dealer price with ebay as i have seen several on that site lately going for little money.

Old 01-15-2009, 06:12 PM
Shrug
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by devils haircut
My wife and I swear by the C&C sport tour seat. looks great and is really comfortable.
+1 on the C&C Sport Tour. The Sundowner I had was comfy, but it was wide as a couch in both the driver and passenger sections.

Old 01-15-2009, 07:20 PM
rockon
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

I've got a LePera Daytona 2up....I don't think it looks too terrible, and the wife says it's plenty comfy.

Quick Reply: Two up seat options