Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need comments on grips

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2009, 10:26 PM
cpa55
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need comments on grips

I have the ISO grips on my 07 black SB and they are very comfortable but I am not a fan of chrome. I have been thinking about the black Harley nostalgic grips. Does anyone have them and how do you like them? Thanks for any comments or opinions.

David

Old 02-19-2009, 10:31 PM
reesmicm
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default grips

I had both, the ISO are crap (excuse my french), enjoyed the notagia grips, had them on a couple of bikes, look good, feel good, now have the Avon rental types, work better for my hand size (smaller). The notagia are good grips, recommend them.

By the way, I hate chrome to, I am more geared for functionality, that why I though the ISO grips would be good, but were disapointed in them.

Mike

Old 02-19-2009, 10:43 PM
jbphoto
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I had my dealer install Nostalgic grips before I took delivery. They're more comfortable than stock and have the look that I like. I can't compare them to ISO grips as I've not used them but ISO's aren't the look that I wanted for my bike.

Old 02-19-2009, 11:48 PM
AAA88
Advanced

if you like the nostalgic look check out avon grips on a google search. they make the old school bicycle style grips that come with a built in tube and look like old schwinn bicycle handles

Old 02-20-2009, 03:10 AM
Rauzer
Road Captain

I've had other grips and Iso's seem the most comfortable to me. Kury makes others in black, I dont know why they havent put out the iso's in black yet. The rubber comes out of mine, maybe try to sand the chrome a bit and paint them??

Old 02-20-2009, 06:40 AM
sniper77
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I run Iso and had Nostalgia before then. The nostalgia are very comfortable but I think the Isos are a better fit for my hands.

Old 02-20-2009, 07:00 AM
yoseppi
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

PM Renthals are amazing grips, plus they come with an all black option, or chrome ends. Very comfortable, and they look bad ***.

Old 02-20-2009, 07:34 AM
bloomington g
Road Captain

Originally Posted by cpa55
I have the ISO grips on my 07 black SB and they are very comfortable but I am not a fan of chrome. I have been thinking about the black Harley nostalgic grips. Does anyone have them and how do you like them? Thanks for any comments or opinions.

David
Try them... you will probably like them. There is a company that makes the exact grip (cough...probably for HD...cough) and you can buy it for about half the price of the "official" branded item here.

Item number 28-0148... (price $29.04) link: http://www.vtwinmfg.com/Catalog1/VTwinCatalogIndex1.htm

Old 02-20-2009, 07:45 AM
steel insane
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It also depends on the size of your hands. If you got big paws (like me), the ISO grips are larger and more comfortable. H-D makes a few in a larger diameter as well.

Old 02-20-2009, 08:34 AM
lowrider966
Tourer

I have em' and love em'. Plus they are a great deal at the stealership...like $40 or so. Check my sig pic and album for some pics...I dont have any close up though. A big improvement over the "skull collection" grips I had before.

Quick Reply: Need comments on grips