Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My new 2005 FXDX-C

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2009, 04:38 PM
MZBuckeye
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My new 2005 FXDX-C

I just wrapped up my dual front brake install, as well as the Works front fork kit and new fork oil. Just thought I'd share my new bike, a 2005 FXDX-C!!!

I've added FXDX-T shocks, the HD dual front brake kit, Works front fork kit, a Superbrace, new 15w fork oil, EBC sintered pads up front, stainless brake lines, and a Windvest. Next up is a True-Track system and a pair of Metzler ME880's. I'm getting close to my goal, a Harley that can turn!

Oh, and for anyone on the fence, get the Works kit. It's cheap, easy to install and a ridiculous improvement over stock. It does make the bike sit up a tad higher though, not good for the slammed look. But I raised the rear of mine an inch with the FXDX shocks, so I wanted the front a bit higher. The bike leans pretty far now without scraping. I haven't ridden enough to really give a good report, but it does turn and ride better. I was terribly unhappy with the floaty feeling of the stock stuff though.

Old 03-04-2009, 04:42 PM
07bobber
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Nice work you should have polished your lowers while you had it apart.....

Old 03-04-2009, 04:43 PM
SuperG
Cruiser

Looks real good, bet it handles like a mother.. I think harley should bring out the
FXDX again. Good job, let us know how it is when throw some more miles on it.

Old 03-04-2009, 04:45 PM
Centerline
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by MZBuckeye
I just wrapped up my dual front brake install, as well as the Works front fork kit and new fork oil. Just thought I'd share my new bike, a 2005 FXDX-C!!!

I've added FXDX-T shocks, the HD dual front brake kit, Works front fork kit, a Superbrace, new 15w fork oil, EBC sintered pads up front, stainless brake lines, and a Windvest. Next up is a True-Track system and a pair of Metzler ME880's. I'm getting close to my goal, a Harley that can turn!

Oh, and for anyone on the fence, get the Works kit. It's cheap, easy to install and a ridiculous improvement over stock. It does make the bike sit up a tad higher though, not good for the slammed look. But I raised the rear of mine an inch with the FXDX shocks, so I wanted the front a bit higher. The bike leans pretty far now without scraping. I haven't ridden enough to really give a good report, but it does turn and ride better. I was terribly unhappy with the floaty feeling of the stock stuff though.
Nicely done. For the life of me, I do not understand what it is with Harley not putting dual discs up front on all their bikes. (I am not alone in that wonder)

Old 03-04-2009, 04:48 PM
07bobber
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Ya id love to have a dual disc setup without breaking the bank...but then again i wouldnt want to hide the 21 inch wheel im putting on the front either.

Old 03-04-2009, 04:55 PM
MZBuckeye
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by 07bobber
Ya id love to have a dual disc setup without breaking the bank...but then again i wouldnt want to hide the 21 inch wheel im putting on the front either.
Function over form, my friend!

I for one think the bike looks much better with dual discs. In the sportbike world, where I came from, for the most part single disc setups are quite "budget". I couldn't help but think that every time I looked at my front wheel.

It sucks that it's so costly of a conversion for anyone with forks other than 39mm.

Old 03-04-2009, 04:56 PM
MZBuckeye
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by 07bobber
Nice work you should have polished your lowers while you had it apart.....
Nah, I don't want any more shiny stuff on the bike. I think the FXDC has just enough chrome, doesn't need any more. I know, how very anti-Harley of me to say that

Old 03-04-2009, 06:05 PM
madden23
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice! I think you'll like the Metz 880's. Dynas can be made into very good handling bikes given a "little" time and money. Brakes are my next project. Thanks for sharing.

Old 03-04-2009, 06:30 PM
MZBuckeye
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by madden23
Nice! I think you'll like the Metz 880's. Dynas can be made into very good handling bikes given a "little" time and money. Brakes are my next project. Thanks for sharing.
I think I will too, no negative reviews on them that I can find. My stock tires are less than impressive, and even though they've only got 7000 miles on them, they're originals from 05 and starting to show some dry rot. Time to go!

I'm hitting the Tail of the Dragon for a few days in May. I'll be with some real good riders on V-Stroms, so that'll be a good test for all these upgrades. They've been busting my ***** saying I don't have a chance of keeping up with them, I sure hope to prove them wrong

Old 03-04-2009, 06:35 PM
Dawg Rider
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Technically, I believe that would be FXDC-X. Nice work...she should handle great, especially after the other mods you have planned.

Quick Reply: My new 2005 FXDX-C