Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dyna MC Batteries

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2009, 11:15 AM
SUPER01
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=jimw411;4660632]How long can expect my stock battery to last??? how long are people going on the stocker???
QUOTE]

Mine lasted 7 years, 21k miles. If I wasn't riding it for a few days plugged it into the battery tender.

Old 03-06-2009, 11:31 AM
MZBuckeye
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine's an 05 with 7k miles, original battery.

Old 03-06-2009, 12:40 PM
HeatherC
Extreme HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I just picked one up from the dealership this afternoon. I put a cheaper $70 battery in last year. Went to fire it up this year and it's dead....even after being hooked to the charger for 3 days. It's worth the few extra bucks to me to know it's a good battery and will last a few years.

Old 03-06-2009, 08:11 PM
looneycanuk
Cruiser

Good info but how about the weights of the different batteries?

Old 03-07-2009, 10:52 AM
KBFXDLI
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
Default Update

Well I took out my battery and went and compared it to the Yuasa and Deka batteries and Mudpuddle is correct. While both batteries will fit in the box the terminals on the Yuasa brands are different from the Deka which is identical to the HD stock battery and made at the same East Penn factory. So I bought the Deka. Got it home and it slipped right in and the cables bolted right up no problem.

So my recommendation is the Deka ETX20L for the 06> Dyna $79.00 as it is the same as the HD one. For all other years I would hit the Deka website and find a local dealer. They will have a direct fit for your bike since they make all the batteries for HD.

Old 03-08-2009, 07:34 PM
jamman
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jimw411
How long can expect my stock battery to last??? how long are people going on the stocker?
mine, 06, didn't make it 2 years without having to tend to it, ride the bike continually, no problems outta the Walmart one..

Old 03-08-2009, 09:09 PM
Doughboy
Cruiser

what kind of posts are on these deka's.i dont care to much for the thin lead square type that has a rectangular bolt slipped in there.

Old 09-11-2013, 11:42 AM
joethomas1213
5th Gear

Help! I've had so many battery issues since my stock battery died. I'm really frustrated.

The battery I got from Walmart wouldn't fit, once I actually got it in place, the chrome battery cover won't fit back on. I took it back for a smaller one, $85. That battery lasted less than 6 months but it only came with a 90 day warranty so tough luck. Buy another. (I don't have the brand name, I'm at work and can't look at the recpt.)

I then got a battery from Autozone because they said it had the most "cranking power", $130. This battery barely fits as well, I actually had to zip tie the chrome batter cover to the bike to keep it from vibrating off. Few things make you look as stupid as parts falling off your motorcycle as you ride. But this battery has lasted about 6 months and then this morning it wouldnt start.

I ride almost daily, no issues until yesterday, it started but it not by much. I rode it home and put it on the battery tender. This morning, not enough power to crank it up.

Should I go back to Harley brand? Is it all about Cranking power? Is this a battery issue or could there be something wrong that is draining the battery? Any insight would be helpful, thanks.

Old 09-11-2013, 01:31 PM
fxdc rider
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

mine only lasted two years and i was using a battery tender. got this battery a few months ago and no problems, plus 500cca
http://www.wholesalebatteriesdirect....l-battery.html

Old 09-11-2013, 01:48 PM
Jackie Paper
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,540 Likes on 3,792 Posts

Put a Walmart (Yuasa?) AGM sealed battery in my Softail this spring. Can't tell any difference in it and the Harley one when it was new. Be interesting if it last as long (6 years) but it was about 2/3 less. Guess it was worth it. Did have to pour the acid in and cap the openings. On a difficulty scale of 1-10, probably a 8 for most since the caps where tight and you had to match all those funnels to the openings. Also had to watch it all night as it charged up. That was a lot of effort to save $130.

Quick Reply: Dyna MC Batteries