Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Drag Specialties "Spoon Style" Seat

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2009, 07:46 PM
Fupl18
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If your looking for comfort you should get a seat like mine.. It is the most comfortable seat I have ever been on.. My wife doesnt really like hers keeps telling me to get a softer fender but my G/F dont mind so...

Old 04-01-2009, 09:39 PM
HIKER
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That seat looks very 70's.. Something Evil would of had...

Old 04-01-2009, 09:41 PM
HIKER
Advanced

I see a few guys in this thread have bikes with a Corbin Hollywood Solo.

How do you like it?

Old 04-01-2009, 10:11 PM
Slipstrm
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by DeathProof72
Thanks for the post. Just checked out your pics and the seat looks exactly how I hoped it would. Looks killer with the tall sissy bar and your front end mods. I was curious to know, is the bottom of the seat lined with soft padding to protect the rear fender (like Lepera seats) or bare plastic and leather (like stock HD seats)? Just curious...
Its hard bottomed and has heavy felt fabric covering on it.
Its very comfortable, and unlike some folks here....I like the look, its exactly what I was after. Here is the only pic I have of the bottom.

Attached Thumbnails Drag Specialties "Spoon Style" Seat-drag-specialties-seat-6-.jpg  
Old 04-02-2009, 10:49 AM
DeathProof72
Road Master

Originally Posted by Slipstrm
Its hard bottomed and has heavy felt fabric covering on it.
Its very comfortable, and unlike some folks here....I like the look, its exactly what I was after. Here is the only pic I have of the bottom.
Thanks for the pic, I really like the fact that they lined the underside to protect the fender unlike stock HD seats I have seen, that look like they are designed to damage your fenders, LOL. Looks like it is a well made piece. I totally dig the look, been looking for this seat since I saw a similar one on someone's Street Bob on a youtube video a while back... Very old school and it really looks killer on your bike, especially with that wicked sissy bar.

I just ordered the seat today, can't wait to get ikt on my ride. :-)

I wonder what your bike would look like with one of these 2 seat S-Bar combos on it (yeah, other members are gonna HATE it, LOL.....wait till they all see my new grip tassels, ha ha..)

Old 09-16-2009, 10:13 PM
DeathProof72
Road Master

Originally Posted by AdrianVall
I think it looks pretty cool.... BUT, it looks as if it offers no back support. You hit the throttle and your sent sliding back. Not a good feeling. My last seat had that same exact feeling. Every time on hard acceleration, I'd go sliding back. It SUCKED. But hey, if you like it, thats all that matters man. Just go for it!
Well, after nearly 2000 miles clocked on this seat since picking it up, I have to say..... OUCH! Your impressions are exactly on the nose. The ribbing on the seat kinda prevents any sliding back, but the lack of back support has gotten unbearable for me. Seems all of my weight is balanced on my tail bone, which after 100 miles or so, becomes so painful, that coupled with the miserable rear suspension on the bike, makes my eyes tear when I hit a medium to large bump in the road. I have since pailed this seat in lieu of installing an OEM seat from an 08 Dyna Glide Custom. Looks great IMO and, while not exactly cushy, provides ample back support and the added width is a plus as well. Was like getting a new bike when I first put it on. When I have the extra cash, I will be getting one of these though for serious comfort:

(not the dyna model pictured, but similar)

Old 10-30-2014, 11:11 PM
xdsteel
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by DeathProof72
Anyone put this seat on their Dyna? Digging the look and considering picking one up for my '09 Bob. Just curious about fit, finish and comfort if anyone has had any experience with this seat.

What is the model Number or Ref number

Old 10-30-2014, 11:59 PM
Chicago Ken
Road Warrior
Received 345 Likes on 159 Posts

Take a look at the Roland Sands seats for Dynas.
Look retro but have a much better updated style IMO.

Old 10-31-2014, 11:52 AM
dyna rider
Club Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Default Old Thread

I doubt you will get a reply to your question about the seat...This thread is almost 5 1/2 years old and the OP has not been on the site in about 2 1/2 years.

Old 10-31-2014, 07:58 PM
xdsteel
2nd Gear
Default Iknow its old

Originally Posted by dyna rider
I doubt you will get a reply to your question about the seat...This thread is almost 5 1/2 years old and the OP has not been on the site in about 2 1/2 years.

Well I tried. I emailed the company anyway and they said I just have order it from a dealer.

Quick Reply: Drag Specialties "Spoon Style" Seat