Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Unreliable jiffy stand

Old 08-05-2009, 03:55 PM
harleyflyboy
Road Warrior
Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

Step two is park it is gear.

Old 08-05-2009, 04:25 PM
'09fxdb
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ronny c.
my 09 has a "finger" that goes into a steel slot as you lean the bike over, the stand cannot fold up untill you stand the bike up and the finger disingages from the slot. i just took a flashlite out to the bike and laid eyes on it to make sure im not lyin. is this new for 09? I have pulled the bike forward, jiffystand leaving marks on concrete and wouldnot fold up.
It may be freudian or I may be in need of some lovin' but........isn't this kinda sexual...

Old 08-05-2009, 05:25 PM
Don51
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just went out to the garage to see if there was the finger lock and it was there and then gave it the push test. I looked like it wanted to collapse, but it didn't. The jiffy just kind of skidded/hopped along the floor.

Old 08-05-2009, 07:51 PM
LWOS
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I had the extension added to mine, because I'm so short, I couldnt get my heel to catch on the stock stand. I "always" give it a kick and pull back to be sure it's all the way down and out forward before I dismount.... especially if parked on any type of incline or downslope. You can never be too careful as far as I'm concerned. I had mine lowered, and sometimes It's hard to get it to go forward all the way if there is a slope in the pavement.

Old 08-06-2009, 07:16 AM
DGDyna
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When I was looking at my bike yesterday I noticed that there were scratches under the frame perpendicular to the stand. Once I reread ronnyc’s post (thanks to 09fxb) and the others, I realized that what I saw was the slot the stand slides into once you lean the bike over.

When I read Dyna-***’s post I expected to hear or feel a click as it locked into the notch so I thought I didn’t have one. Now I know I do. That's why you have to make sure that it's forward all of the way before you put weight on the bike so that the stand will engage the slot. (and live happily ever after!)

Old 08-06-2009, 11:03 AM
Don51
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DGDyna
When I was looking at my bike yesterday I noticed that there were scratches under the frame perpendicular to the stand. Once I reread ronnyc’s post (thanks to 09fxb) and the others, I realized that what I saw was the slot the stand slides into once you lean the bike over.

When I read Dyna-***’s post I expected to hear or feel a click as it locked into the notch so I thought I didn’t have one. Now I know I do. That's why you have to make sure that it's forward all of the way before you put weight on the bike so that the stand will engage the slot. (and live happily ever after!)
I thought it real odd you didn't have that locking feature. You do and all is well!!