Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

street bob seat options

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2009, 12:00 PM
zombiesawyer
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default street bob seat options

hey, new to hdforums and new to forums in general so bare with me. i just traded in my sportster and bought a 2009 street bob. i actually liked the stock seat. most importantly i like the position it put me in. but i had to get a 2up seat for so the ol' lady can ride with me. i ended up getting a stock lowrider seat because i thoght it looked the best. i liked how passenger seat wasn't so wide that it spilled over the sides of the rear fender. however the seat pushes me forward too much. i like that its a tad narrower then the stock street bob seat but the "low slung" center seems to push me forward and its a bit uncomfortable while riding. too cramped. is there a seat hout there that will put me back in the position that my stock seat did but still have a decent passenger seat? i was thinking about the fatbob seat but i don't want to shell out more $$$ for a seat i'm not sure will work for me. i also thought about taking the lowrider seat to an upholstry shop. do you think they would be able to do anything or will a shop just massacre the seat? please help

oh and i should mention that hd does not make a pillion seat for the 09 stock street bob seat. you can get a rigid rack and detachable pillion but that interfers with my detachable sissy bar, so thats not an option.

Old 04-01-2009, 12:14 PM
Ybnormal67
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Talk with Allen at Mean City Cycles if you want to modify the seat you have. He does good work and he might be able to help you. I just got my stock seat back from him for my 07 bob and can't wait to take it for a spin.

Later,
Joe

Attached Thumbnails street bob seat options-bob-008.jpg  
Old 04-01-2009, 12:18 PM
mcdowell72
Advanced

I too like the stock seat on my '09 SB. I'm planning on going with a detachable backrest and a Phantom Pad pillion. I ordered one of Phamtom Pad's contoured "bracket" seats. It has the little metal bracket on the back to attach to the bike to keep it secure if the pad is on there without a passenger.
http://phantom-pad.com/retailstore/

Old 04-01-2009, 12:53 PM
Squee
Cruiser

I have an 09 Streetbob as well. I like the stock seat, but had to invest in a back seat for the same reason. HD does make a pillion pad to fit an 09 streetbob. They require bumpers for the install. The instructions say to put the bumpers on the bike but I just put them on the seat instead.

When I get home tonight I will see what I can do about part numbers for the pillion.
I haven't put the back seat on yet as it says I have to get to a screw that I won't be able to reach unless I put the bike on a jack. So no pics just yet.

Old 04-01-2009, 01:47 PM
zombiesawyer
Intermediate

the one pillion i found said that it fits all dyna's but then notes withthe exception of the 09 fxdb with original seat.

Old 04-01-2009, 01:49 PM
zombiesawyer
Intermediate

i like the idea of that phantom seat. does the suction cups mess up the paint?

Old 04-01-2009, 03:28 PM
rounder
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Old 04-01-2009, 10:30 PM
Bluetoys
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

+1 on the Mustang.

you can ride solo, or in the time it takes to thread a screw you can ride 2 up. Sometimes on ebay a lot less expensive too:

Mustang solo saddle

Mustang passenger seat

Old 04-01-2009, 11:25 PM
BoaJoe
Intermediate

Hey gang

Just sold my Stage 1 for my old Sportster to some guy who found me on craigslist..........

I am needing a two up seat also .....due to the old lady

Going to Bikelahoma on April 19th for my 32nd Birthday

She wants to ride

I want something comfortable for both of us but don't want to sacrifice looks for comfort ..........

Love to see some pics of everyone 09 street bob with a 2 up and tell me how you guys like them

I am 6'1 280lbs she is 5'4 130..............

Let me know