Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How did you get your Dyna

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2009, 09:05 PM
galaxiedriver
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My wife bought it for me for Christmas. She had watched me dreaming and "building" one on the Harley website. She snuck onto the site, printed what I had done, and took it to our local dealer, Mid America Harley and ordered it. The rest is history. I love her!!!

Old 04-07-2009, 09:17 PM
drfalken
Cruiser

Went to my local dealer last fall with a Nightster budget came home with a 2006 Black Cherry Street Bob. Got a great bike with a few extras and a few bucks to spare.

Old 04-07-2009, 09:27 PM
00ICUR12
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wanted a 03 FXDX. In August of 07 I found a collector that had one sitting in his living room. Black, with anniversary trim, 100 percent stock, like new, with only 182 miles on it. 10,500. Didn't steal it, but it was exactly what I was looking for.

Old 04-07-2009, 09:35 PM
Goddahavit
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was looking in craigs list as i usually do and came across 2 dyna's 99 fxdx and my 07 bob

looked at the 99, 8kit was nce 200 tire, etc, looked at the finances, an the bob was a bit more, but it was way under list and easy to finance, 10k a big plus the wife said get the newer one....

none of it would have happened if I didnt wreck my roadking a few years go, and mess up my arm.
took this long to get strength and enough feeling back to get on the apes... figured i had the sportie, softtail and 2 roadkings, time for a change.... here we are...

Old 04-07-2009, 09:36 PM
RollaMo
Grand HDF Member
Received 452 Likes on 283 Posts

Traded my Sportster in on it.

I had been out of riding for about 10 years, and wife mentioned that she sort of missed going for rides in the country.
We stopped at the Harley dealer and I "talked myself into" a Sportster.
Well, it didn't take long to figure out that was not really the bike for us to be riding two-up on. It was a great bike, but just not for two-up riding.

That's when I saw a Fat Bob on the showroom floor, and knew that would be perfect. Picked it up 4 days later and it's been perfect.

Old 04-07-2009, 09:44 PM
maddghost
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

AH crap I don't like telling this one 'cause I blew a pile 'o money doing it but here goes! I'm 48 years old, I walk into the dealer to look at sportsters to find out what they cost because three other people I know bought bikes in '07. Why sportster I dunno ,I always wanted one since about 1974 or summat .Not that I knew anything about harleys('cept the name) my only other bike was in '77 and ws a'71 yammie ct1 enduro 175 . Anyhow this was in late '07 when the can. $ was equal to the american,so our prices were way down. I wasn't intent on buying,i rarely do anything on a whim especially on such a large purchase. Lo and behold two days later I'm being given the delivery breifing against the rep's advice that I would not be content and would be back to get something bigger.

I lasted three days and was back there and looked at the FatBob . I was instantly felled. less than a week after that i had taken a dive to trade in the sporty and didn't need the del. breifing --> it was all too fresh in my memory.

Sure I lost a pile a money and I steam myself over that now and then,but all I got to do is sit on her ,take her for a spin and I totally forget any money was involved what-so-ever. I'm 50 now and am beginning to see a scheem forming for my retirement, God be willing! DONE!!!

Last edited by maddghost; 04-07-2009 at 09:52 PM.
Old 04-07-2009, 09:46 PM
20LowRider02
Tourer

I was actually trying to get approved for a loan on a Yamaha V-Star Classic, but luckily I couldn't because they said it wasn't worth what I needed to buy it. I think they looked up the 650 not the 1100.

Anyway, a girl at work said she knew a guy who had one. It was his wifes and she didn't want to have her own anymore. It was a 2002 and it was 2007 so 5 years old and it had 5,000 miles on it. She said he wanted $8,000 for it just to pay it off. The rest is history. I wanted a Harley more than anything but didn't think I could afford it. I could this one!!

Old 04-07-2009, 09:46 PM
man4mopar
Road Master
Received 27 Likes on 15 Posts

Was in the Antarctic doing research online for a bike purchase when I returned state side. This was September 05 and the 06 dynas just had big changes done and released. Researching online I really thought I would purchase a Victory Vegas or the newly released Jackpot. I looked at everything so I bought the bike I wanted, yamahas, hondas, Triumphs etc. Walked in the Harley dealer wanting to see a 06 Wide Glide and saw none accept a 05. Owner talked to me then took me to the back barn and showed me the 06 WG in brandy wine. Had to have it over anything else.

Old 04-07-2009, 09:51 PM
dagored11
Cruiser
Default Sporty to Dyna

I had a '96 Sporty 1200 Custom, and was very happy with it - for a while. Went to Lauderdale last summer and stopped in at Rossmeyer's. Got hooked on the Lowrider. When I got back to Cincy I had a new one lined up locally but couldn't talk the mrs. into it. She said why not look for a nice used one a few years old? Looked on eBay and saw the '03 Lowrider, starting bid $10,5000, no bids!! I called the guy, talked for a while, offered him 10 for it on the spot as the auction was over in the morning. He wouldn't go for that but said if no one bid on it he would sell to me for 10. No bids, I got it for $10,000. I got the Dyna from the north side of Indy, got the Sporty also on eBay from the south side of Indy.

Old 04-07-2009, 10:00 PM
galaxiedriver
Advanced

Having read through all these "How I got my Dyna" posts I am astounded at how many times a wife is mentioned.

Quick Reply: How did you get your Dyna