Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

changing out rear tail light

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2011, 07:07 PM
larfxdc
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default changing out rear tail light

hello all. i am cutting back my rear fender and want to install a small round type tail light,.. will the aftermarket ones sold work with my wiring.. or what do i have to do if anything to make it work right stop and etc. or is there any plug and play type out there.
thanks.

Old 01-02-2011, 07:28 PM
masterblaster
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 258 Likes on 100 Posts

You can start here, there is a lot of plug and play out there, I noticed you are pretty new to this forum, you can find what you want then use the search function on install and feedback.

Here is one of the major aftermarket companies.

http://www.customdynamics.com/

Old 01-02-2011, 08:22 PM
SteveO-ll
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just installed this on my bike Saturday the 1st; as a new years gift to the bike and bike gods in order to start the new year off right.

I had to remove the side rails to get to the bolts that hold the rear light assembly in order to remove everything. I then removed the complete wire harness from light to connection under the seat. I rewired everything accordingly i.e. right turn and ground were one set of wires I encased in heat shrink and casings to protect the wires. Then the left side, and also the run/stop light were all set up as pairs. I took my time re-routing all wires in-order that they not scrap/rub or chaff on any parts. I routed my side-mount Stop/Tail down from under the seat to the lower part of swing-arm and ran it underneath so it would be out of the way.

I took my time doing this, along with a few cups of coffee, it took me about 2.25 hrs to do the job professionally, as I had a few of my HD dealer mechanic friends check it out, they said it was a top-notch conversion/modification, in-which my reply was "See you can learn a few tricks from us old dawgs"

Of course I have built a few hard tail bobbers in my lifetime, so it was nothing new, it was the fact I did it in the parking lot of the apartments I live at, and they frown on these types of activities in their parking lots.

I will take pictures in a day or so of the relocation

Old 01-03-2011, 09:26 AM
larfxdc
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

looks nice.. good job.. i am going for the stripped down look with this bike.. i am mounting plate on side mount and cutting fender up past plate mount and taillight.. i want to install a simple look 2" or so tail light to work as t light and run lights.. just looking for some info on wiring and what to use.. thx