Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

09 Street Bob Pegs & Sissy Bar

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2009, 01:30 AM
BoaJoe
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 09 Street Bob Pegs & Sissy Bar

Going to up for the miss on the 09 Street Bob

I have a 07 Stock Lowrider seat on the way ...Thanks DeathProof72 ...I will post pics when I get it this weekend

Were is the best place to get the mounts and pegs for the passenger other then the Stealer

Also I am looking at the new gloss black sissy bar from harley

Anybody know of better ones...........Love some feeback

Joey

Old 04-14-2009, 02:01 AM
rockon
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Generally way cheaper than anywhere else.

https://www.zanottimotor.com/shopping/partLookUp.html

Old 04-14-2009, 04:03 AM
roadking53
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

try cyclevisions.com for some fine sissybars.Zanottis is cool as well for pegs/mounts

Old 04-14-2009, 07:28 AM
DeathProof72
Road Master

Originally Posted by rockon
Generally way cheaper than anywhere else.

https://www.zanottimotor.com/shopping/partLookUp.html
Agreed, And they ship fast, even if out of stock on a part, I received my stuff from them in a week. Fair shipping, no tax out of state, and auto 20% off HD parts, can't beat that.

OEM rubber pegs (the ones that come on the Bob stock) are real cheap, I paid $24 from my dealer.. If you're not changing the front pegs, it's an inexpensive way to go and they will match. Also, the rubber reduces a bit of vibe and if you touch a peg to the ground on a turn, you can just replace the rubber for a few bucks.. :-)

Also, the wrinkle black peg mounts have a new part number and the price went down on them considerably.

Use part number 50210-06 when ordering, now costs $54.35

Was
49088-09 for $93.55 (prices both from Zanotti)...

Also, the sissy bars from cyclevisions.com, as posted on their site are not intended to be used to support passenger weight. So may want to go with the HD ones as you mentioned for that purpose, just will also need the side plates (IMO, rigid ones look 100 times better than the quick release ones, and can't be swiped easily in a parking lot, LOL)

Enjoy the seat BTW..

Last edited by DeathProof72; 04-14-2009 at 07:33 AM.
Old 04-14-2009, 08:28 AM
DSnoopy
Elite HDF Member

Good call on the set up!

Old 04-15-2009, 12:53 AM
BoaJoe
Intermediate

Thanks for all the feedback everyone and the tip on the part number DeathProof72. I forgot I had a 10% discount till the end of this month at Harley so I went in today at lunch and asked for part 50210-06 and some stock pegs. The parts guy said thats not the correct part number for your 09............I said that's okay I will take those anyway .....$59.99 nice..........and it included the bolts for the pegs also ..........so it saved me another $12 ............

Also picked up a seat nut for the new two up that is arriving tomorrow............However I sat on a Lowrider seat today ........and wasn't really impressed......felt like it moved me up far........we will see thought tomorrow

BTW how hard is the install on the mounts.................any tips

plus the seat nut kit didn't come with the zip tie like everyone said...........any tips on that too

Joey

Old 04-15-2009, 05:43 AM
IrishBrewed
Advanced

I buy a lot from www.chicagoharley.com they can get any H-D item and you get %20 off everything. I know I have saved a ton that way, rather than letting the local dealership stick it to me. But their are a ton of other places to save at, I use Chicago Harley when I cant find something elsewhere

Old 04-15-2009, 06:53 AM
DeathProof72
Road Master

Originally Posted by BoaJoe
Thanks for all the feedback everyone and the tip on the part number DeathProof72. I forgot I had a 10% discount till the end of this month at Harley so I went in today at lunch and asked for part 50210-06 and some stock pegs. The parts guy said thats not the correct part number for your 09............I said that's okay I will take those anyway .....$59.99 nice..........and it included the bolts for the pegs also ..........so it saved me another $12 ............

Also picked up a seat nut for the new two up that is arriving tomorrow............However I sat on a Lowrider seat today ........and wasn't really impressed......felt like it moved me up far........we will see thought tomorrow

BTW how hard is the install on the mounts.................any tips

plus the seat nut kit didn't come with the zip tie like everyone said...........any tips on that too

Joey
They don't know what they are talking about obviously with regards to the part.

From the HD site:

Passenger Footpeg Mounting Kit

Required for use with two-up seats on '06-later FXD and FXDB models.

50210-06

Fits '06-later FXD and FXDB models.

The seat, I had mentioned on past posts that it does put me a bit too forward for my taste, which is why I continued to look for a different seat personally. Was actually going to have the foam modded to suit my riding position better since I liked the look, but then I found the DS seat. Hope all works out OK when you get it, but you will find yourself a bit lower and closer to the pegs..

Search the forum, I think that the bolt install tip is posted a few times around here. I think some posters used their own zip tie..