Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley davidson custom seat program

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2009, 12:23 AM
rilabbe
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Harley davidson custom seat program

Just ordered a new seat from harley are they any good, its a side kick with a few stiches and aligator skin?

Old 04-18-2009, 08:51 AM
rdondes
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

With all due respect, you order and pay for a seat and then ask if it's okay? Isn't that bass ackwards..? I'd have suggested asking first and maybe going to your local HOG chapter's meeting to try out some seats and get some real opinions before spending for the seat. Now, if you don't like it, you will take a bit hit on it when you sell it on eBay. Seats are a very personal thing - my OEM seat was horrible - but some people really feel comfortable in it.

Old 04-18-2009, 09:18 AM
archergodwin
Elite HDF Member
Received 148 Likes on 127 Posts

A lot of people have ordered stuff because they *think it will 'look cool' on their ride, and wind up selling it for 75% of what they paid at best.

Ya need to take just a bit of time, especially with seats and controls, to go sit on the bikes that have them: ask to ride them: Or ask others that have them, for their opinion.... before you buy

However I didn't ask first if you had done any of that..... so.... did you?

Old 04-18-2009, 09:45 AM
maddghost
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by rdondes
With all due respect, you order and pay for a seat Isn't that bass ackwards..?
I thought it was back BACK ASsWARDS LOL He's right though dude ! welcome to the forums and good luck with that personalized seat , you already know HD won't take it back. unless you find something wrong or cancel it now! We don't know if you weigh 350 lbs or just skin and bones so how shall we help? HD leather clothes and seats and stuff is generally high quality but you pay for that highly coveted HD monniker.

Last edited by maddghost; 04-18-2009 at 09:48 AM.
Old 04-18-2009, 10:00 AM
rilabbe
Novice

Ok guys heres the story behind it, I bought a nice seat they had in stock that was to fit my bike drove back home and wouldn't you know it didn't fit They told me it was the seat for my bike I tried to return the seat to the dealer who made the mistake and they would not return my money? they told me once it was sold it was my problem even if they f**ked up. So they said the only way to get my money back was to order me a seat, which they dont have in stock so I couldnt try it Thats why its backwards. I had the seat I wanted but it wouldnt fit the bike

Old 04-18-2009, 10:15 AM
FUQUA
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here I'll answer your? Instead of givin you ****. Yes the sidekick is a great seat i have one myself, it's not alligator skin....but i personally love the way it feels. I like the lines it holds on the bike for looks, and the seat position is perfect for me.

Old 04-18-2009, 10:20 AM
maddghost
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

No return policy huh? well it's not a wal-mart but i'm sure if you complain up high enough you will be credited. Just tell the manager you did not get what you paid for if it won't fit and one of his parts guys will get hisself an *** tearing! After all they screwed up right? Last time I inquired all dyna seats fit all dynas.Don't try to fit a softail or sportster seat on there but ..... I'm sure you get it . Then again it may turn out to be really comfortable , hopefully they will compensate you for your patience.

Last edited by maddghost; 04-18-2009 at 10:24 AM.
Old 04-18-2009, 04:12 PM
rilabbe
Novice

Thanks fuqua thats all I was asking I hope it fits me also

Old 04-18-2009, 06:08 PM
Mr. Lucky
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by rilabbe
Ok guys heres the story behind it, I bought a nice seat they had in stock that was to fit my bike drove back home and wouldn't you know it didn't fit They told me it was the seat for my bike I tried to return the seat to the dealer who made the mistake and they would not return my money? they told me once it was sold it was my problem even if they f**ked up.
HA! That would be the day that I'd settle for that answer. Just go up the food chain in the dealership until you get satisfaction. The key is to be polite but persistent.

Anyway, to answer your question...
I have the custom Brawler seat on my Softail. It is first-class and very comfy, even on extended rides. One thing though... mine required about 500-600mi of break-in before it got to its current comfort level. When I first tried it I thought I'd made a mistake - it was about as comfortable as a block of wood.

GL!

Old 04-18-2009, 06:14 PM
r00k
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Since the deed is done, I hope the seat fits you well.

Something sounds a little fishy about the deal the dealer gave you but if you wind up with a nice seat that fits you well.