Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wife says she's in love again.

Old 05-07-2009, 04:54 AM
sonetpro
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wife says she's in love again.

My wife floored me today. When we met I only had a bike. The bike was our only transportation the first 2 years we were married. She used to ride with me everywhere. That pretty much ended when we bought a house and had kids. I always kept a bike though and loved it for my transportation. 10 years ago my best friend was killed on a bike and that was the end of my bike. She made me sell it.
Last year I showed up one day with a brand new Sportster. She had a fit (says its my midlife crisis.) I tried to explain that bikes are what I love and it really felt good to get back on one. She rode on it once. The day after xmas I told her I was going to buy myself a xmas present. I went down and took advantage of the Sporty trade in and brought home a new FXDC. She again had a fit until she found out it only increased my payment by $18, then she was alright with it.
Last weekend we were going to a friends B-day party and I suggested that since he just bought a brand new HD we should ride the bike there. She had not ridden the Dyna yet. She reluctuntly agreed since it wasn't far and all country roads there. When we got home she said that it was fun.
Yesterday was our anniversary. We were getting ready to go to dinner and she said lets take the bike. After dinner we got home and she said she was in love again and didn't realize how much she loved to ride. She told me to get her a Shoei FF to match the bike and we were going riding this weekend.
I am estatic. I have my riding partner again.

Old 05-07-2009, 05:08 AM
sporty2003
Outstanding HDF Member

i understand some people decide when they lose a friend. that they should give up what they have done. but it dont bring the friend back. i know i have loss a few myself. but it did'nt make me give up my ride.you ride you can die it does happen but you can sit at home and die.some thing's you dont have control over.yes it takes something away when we lose a friend but friend's talk about that stuff before it does happen and i know for a fact my friend's that have died rideing would not want me to quit what we loved so much.

Old 05-07-2009, 05:43 AM
Robert Le Gras
Road Warrior

Amigo, I'm so happy you have your riding partner again, and can feel as if it's fine to be riding.

Congrats!

Old 05-07-2009, 06:05 AM
Goddahavit
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is really great, I have a very understanding wife, we used to ride a lot, then house, kids bla , I wound up going down a few years ago and i personally thought it was done.

well last year i got the itch real bad again, my arm finally started to feel and work a bit better and she was totally ok with me getting another bike, i was a bit surprised i had thought a fight ws comming.

unfortunaly we havent rode as of yet, life, kid house thing again, but i have with my daughter and i love it, but i am missing my partner.....

I am sure its coming soon, as she is getting jealous of our daughter.

Long story, but just trying to say im happy for you..

Eric

Old 05-07-2009, 06:13 AM
The Ground Truth
Cruiser

Thats really awesome, man. I'm glad she came back around.

Old 05-07-2009, 07:48 AM
rounder
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by sonetpro
My wife floored me today. When we met I only had a bike. The bike was our only transportation the first 2 years we were married. She used to ride with me everywhere. That pretty much ended when we bought a house and had kids. I always kept a bike though and loved it for my transportation. 10 years ago my best friend was killed on a bike and that was the end of my bike. She made me sell it.
Last year I showed up one day with a brand new Sportster. She had a fit (says its my midlife crisis.) I tried to explain that bikes are what I love and it really felt good to get back on one. She rode on it once. The day after xmas I told her I was going to buy myself a xmas present. I went down and took advantage of the Sporty trade in and brought home a new FXDC. She again had a fit until she found out it only increased my payment by $18, then she was alright with it.
Last weekend we were going to a friends B-day party and I suggested that since he just bought a brand new HD we should ride the bike there. She had not ridden the Dyna yet. She reluctuntly agreed since it wasn't far and all country roads there. When we got home she said that it was fun.
Yesterday was our anniversary. We were getting ready to go to dinner and she said lets take the bike. After dinner we got home and she said she was in love again and didn't realize how much she loved to ride. She told me to get her a Shoei FF to match the bike and we were going riding this weekend.
I am estatic. I have my riding partner again.
It's great to hear that!
I think many feel the way your wife did. Funny thing had that friend died in a car or say in their bathtub(slip & fall) , would she have made you sell the car or the bathtub? I'm sure the answer is no. Bikes get such a bad rap as being dangerous, yet very few people die from them as opposed to many other things.

Old 05-07-2009, 08:05 AM
Slipstrm
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Its good to be riding with the one ya love.
Now if you can get her riding her own.....

Old 05-07-2009, 08:07 AM
Wonkaboy
Banned

Ride Safe....

Old 05-07-2009, 08:21 AM
BULLDOG88
Road Captain

Good thing your friend didn't croak while cutting a slice.
Two wheels you can sell and buy again.

Old 05-07-2009, 08:23 AM
rjmac53
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

good for you guys...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Wife says she's in love again.