Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Winter mods ride report

Old 05-11-2009, 07:29 PM
icecaps
Reading More Posting Less
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Winter mods ride report

Here’s a quick ride report of a few upgrades I did over the winter.

Upgrades
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...on-brakes.html

- ME880's
Big improvement over stock Dunlops, smoother ride and better transition going from turn to turn. Much less susceptible to rain grooves.

- Drag Bar and 7" pullback risers
This is the third handlebar set-up I’ve had on the bike. The first was the stock buckhorns and the second was Sportster bars with 4” p/b risers. The drag bars have the best control of the bunch. While the Sportster set-up was the most comfortable I give the advantage to the drags for overall ride ability. By using the 7” pullback risers and the Accutronix clamp it sets my speedo, tach, and lights in the perfect position for me to see and just below the top of the HD ¼ fairing.

- Front suspension dropped 1" with RaceTech fork springs and emulsifiers
- Rear shocks, 300mm YSS Z-366TRL
As reported by many, improved ride over stock. Reduced brake dive. Sharpness of road bumps is gone but can still feel them. I did not get the feeling of floating above the road as if carried by the hand of God though – guess I didn’t spend enough.

- HogPro/Lyndall floating rotors with Z-plus pads
Smooth controlled braking. Have not experienced the amount of brake fade is I had with the stock pads and rotors. Cannot tell which caused the most improvement since I put the brakes and rotors on at the same time. I also cleaned the calipers and changed the brake fluid while I was at it.
Note:
- When going over bumps, especially at low speed, these floating rotors make a distinct sound as the two pieces come in contact. This is due to the cog design and the fact that there isn’t any spring pressure pushing the friction ring outward.

- Alloy Art DXR stabilizer
Got rid of the steering issue I was concerned about last year. On +50mph sweeping turns, it seemed like the bike was trying to track straight. Since adding the DXR, the bike tracks true through turns.
Notes:
- The ’06 models have a different jiffy stand than the ‘07’s and later. The ‘06’s stand will make contact with the front left hand side of the DXR. I put a piece of rubber around the spacer and it seems to work fine. No issues with the jiffy stand operation or any decrease in ground clearance with the stand in the up position.
- The DXR is installed below the transmission. Just something to keep in mind while going over speed bumps with a lowered bike.

- SuperTrapp 2:1 SuperMeg
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...upertrapp.html

Very happy with this pipe and current SERT map. Much wider power band, where with my old set-up the bike had a happy place at 3000RPM’s and not too good before that, this one seems to have smooth usable power just above 2000RPM’s. I’ve rediscovered 6th gear now. Not as loud as the old pipe either. I doubt it’s much, if any, louder than the SEII’s I used to have on the bike. Guess I won’t be saving lives anymore. Wish I would have chosen the SuperTrapp in the first place.

Overall:
I’m happy with the total package of the upgrades. The bike is great to be on. I could have spent more on individual components but my goal was to spread the dollars and improve the whole bike. Not going to be racing R1’s anytime soon but this set-up is perfect for my wants/needs.

Old 05-11-2009, 07:38 PM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

wow man! you have been busy! love it!!!

Old 05-11-2009, 07:57 PM
AdrianVall
Elite HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts

Sweeeeeeeeeeeet! Thats great bro. Looks like you've got a fun bike to ride for sure. Those supertrapps look GREAT. Nice ride icecaps.