Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Crimson Red Denim FatBob

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2010, 01:17 PM
Cblast
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Beautiful color!

Old 07-22-2010, 04:24 PM
FATBOB-08
Advanced

WOW, I had no idea that there were so few of them around!

Old 07-22-2010, 04:53 PM
NoLongerAmember
Banned
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Punchsmack
There's a reason why you don't see too many....it's awful!

Ha ha ha....just kidding. I think it looks great. Black, silver, then red (order of bike colors that I like).
My local dealers would actually agree with that, one had an 07' Street Glide for a year before they sold it and it looked sharp. I spoke with several dealers and they said they had a very hard time getting rid of the Denim Red bikes?

I dig the CRD color and I am seriously considering repainting my tins this color on my SB. It does look good with the wrinkle black! There was a CRD paint set on ebay for a long time that I was dying to get but could not afford it.

Old 07-22-2010, 05:18 PM
mjelson
Cruiser

Originally Posted by jinx44
Sorry to bump an old thread, but I am a new member with a Crimson Red Denim Fat Bob. I came across this forum earlier in the week when checking to see how rare this color was.

I couldn't find any info online, so I called Harley directly. For those that are wondering, the tech I spoke to said they built 319 CRD Fat Bobs, and 167 of them were US models, the rest were overseas and Canada. He even seemed surprised at how rare they are.
Did you have trouble getting this info? I would be curious about other colors and bikes as well.

Did you just call the 1-800?

Old 07-23-2010, 09:06 AM
jinx44
Advanced

Originally Posted by cbz1200n
My local dealers would actually agree with that, one had an 07' Street Glide for a year before they sold it and it looked sharp. I spoke with several dealers and they said they had a very hard time getting rid of the Denim Red bikes?

My dealer said the color was why they sat on this bike so long. He said they have a hard time selling something that isn't a cookie-cutter, black and chrome HD.

The color was what attracted me to this bike. Infact, it was the primary reason I chose it.

Old 07-23-2010, 09:10 AM
jinx44
Advanced

Originally Posted by mjelson
Did you have trouble getting this info? I would be curious about other colors and bikes as well.

Did you just call the 1-800?

No problem at all. I was amazed. I just called their 1-800 tech line, went through the options and picked the one I thought would help. This was even before I bought the bike, so I didn't have a VIN to give him but he asked for one. Anyway, I told him I would like to know the production numbers for FXDF in CRD and he gave me the numbers.

Old 07-23-2010, 09:37 AM
junior07
Road Master
Received 89 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by jinx44
My dealer said the color was why they sat on this bike so long. He said they have a hard time selling something that isn't a cookie-cutter, black and chrome HD.

The color was what attracted me to this bike. Infact, it was the primary reason I chose it.

My dealer siad essentially the same thing. I love the Red Denim because it is a little unique. My dealer also had a 2010 Black Ice Denim SB in for a really long time. They eventually switched the tins to a custom paint job to sell it.

I think you are right. everyone seems to want black. If there weren't 3 million black Harley's out there I would probably have one too. They do look nice. But when you come out of the bar and see 20 black bikes you might get your *** kicked by sitin on the wrong one!

Old 10-28-2012, 09:02 PM
BigFatSarge
Stage I

I just bought a used 2008 denim red Fat Bob. Thing came loaded!!!

Old 10-28-2012, 09:25 PM
Dynaglide68
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Old 10-28-2012, 11:01 PM
Craigmier
Tourer
Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Been cruising this forum for a yr and the internet and never seen this color. Very cool!

Quick Reply: Crimson Red Denim FatBob