Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Most comfortable handlebars

Old 05-19-2009, 04:32 AM
Mechano
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Most comfortable handlebars

What's the most comfortable handlebars for a Dyna?

Something relaxing for long trips.

I've a '07 SB and the mini ape makes me tired after long riding.

A friend of mine told me the Sportster one with 4,5" riser pullback, like the XL1200C or somthing similar to the Low Rider's.

Old 05-19-2009, 06:53 AM
shimmon
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like my mini apes... But im gonna change to 14" apes here soon. With apes you can pull em back or push them forward to maximize the comfort level. If you havent tried apes, you dont know what your missing! As for other handlebars, i dont have much experiance, but my buddy doesnt like the stock superglide custom bars.

Old 05-19-2009, 09:02 AM
WildBillAce2
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Apes for me, 15". Drag bars and such hurt my back. You should try moving your bar position, even the smallest adjustment can make a difference. Take an allen wrench with you so you can adjust while out riding.

Old 05-19-2009, 09:26 AM
SC-Longhair
Club Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

It's so hard to advise you on "best" or "most comfy". What I like and find comfy you may not. You mention the bars causing you to get tired after long trips. Sure it's the bars and not the blast of wind you're dealing with? I ride w/16's and no w/s. The wind kicks my a$$ sometimes. I am assuming you don't have a w/s because you didn't mention either way. Sorry if I'm wrong.

Old 05-19-2009, 11:48 AM
2007fxdc
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

There is no correct answer anyone else can provide for you. There isn't even a correct answer for a specific size within a given style. Whatever is the most comfortable to you is completely relative. I spent a lot of time finding what felt right to me and it paid off. But you may find something completely different that suits you.

Old 05-19-2009, 11:59 AM
DSnoopy
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine are the best.

LOL - dude, no one is the same, I can ride for hours on mine no issues. You're going to have to find your own sweet spot.

Old 05-19-2009, 12:15 PM
jarhead45
Road Master

I feel your pain. I am going through handlebar he11 at this point. Four sets of bars, all suck.

Old 05-19-2009, 12:25 PM
fiend138
Road Captain

This is a personal preference topic but my favorite it about shoulder height and somewhat narrow, but that is just me. My mini apes are just right now as far as height goes but I would like to take about one half to inch off of each side to narrow them up. My long term plan is to make a set of bars but, I have to make up my mind first. Most likely I am going to make another set of z bars or Frisco style.

Old 05-19-2009, 12:44 PM
Stanger
Road Master

Oh dam, this is loaded question. It all depends on personal preference. I have used 6 different sets, from drag to pullbacks to mini-apes and now have 16" apes (shoulder height for me) and I am very happy with them.
Wish you luck in this one.

Old 05-20-2009, 02:38 AM
Mechano
Cruiser

Originally Posted by SC-Longhair
It's so hard to advise you on "best" or "most comfy". What I like and find comfy you may not. You mention the bars causing you to get tired after long trips. Sure it's the bars and not the blast of wind you're dealing with? I ride w/16's and no w/s. The wind kicks my a$$ sometimes. I am assuming you don't have a w/s because you didn't mention either way. Sorry if I'm wrong.

No, wind is not a problem for me. I had naked sport bikes before and I grown strong neck muscles...

I think it's a blood issue, with ape the hands are few inches over hearth level and after long time riding they become tired.

I've learned to love the handlebars set I had on my previous '04 XL1200C with 4,5" pull back risers.

I think Dyna Low Rider has something similar.

The following users liked this post:
Frank Maleno (08-03-2017)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Most comfortable handlebars