Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fat Bob Tri Bar LED install ??

Old 05-30-2009, 05:27 PM
jb27
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Fat Bob Tri Bar LED install ??

I'm kicking around the idea of going with the HD tri bar led. How difficult of an install is it? Do you need a jack? Do you have to remove the rear fender?

Also thinking about Progressive 412's - 11" based on some reading here. I know the shocks will lower at the seat, but do they also bring the back of the fender down too?

Anyone running both if you have any pics, please post. Thanks!!

Old 05-30-2009, 06:11 PM
maddghost
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

If you have ever take a turn and scraped the pavement with your foot pegs or any other part like the sole of your shoe,or pipes imagine what an inch or so lower will cause. Also lowering may bring your drive belt closer to the tire. That's what i was warned about when inquireing.

LED taillight kit the instructions will be in the box! awful pricey for what you get out of it if you ask me! And of course only if you ask

Last edited by maddghost; 05-30-2009 at 06:14 PM.
Old 05-30-2009, 06:29 PM
Nytro B
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here's a pic of the tail light installed. Doesn't take long, you don't need a jack but the fender does have to come off in order to snip the cable ties for the tail light harness (unless you can figure out some other way).

b

Attached Thumbnails Fat Bob Tri Bar LED install ??-img_0955.jpg  
Old 05-30-2009, 06:31 PM
FXDFan
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Kinda curious myself, been wanting that taillight since they came out for "our" fender lol Pricey sure, but most things for an HD is, but it's GOTTA look better than the stocker....

Attached Thumbnails Fat Bob Tri Bar LED install ??-puppysircharles-007.jpg  
Old 05-30-2009, 06:33 PM
Minnesota FXDF
Cruiser

JB let me know what you end up doing. When I bought mine I said all I was going to put on it was miles, but now I would like to change the taillight and license plate assembly. I just don't like that plastic hanging down.

Old 05-30-2009, 07:06 PM
wood butcher
Tourer

Originally Posted by Nytro B
Here's a pic of the tail light installed. Doesn't take long, you don't need a jack but the fender does have to come off in order to snip the cable ties for the tail light harness (unless you can figure out some other way).

b
Like Nytro B says. I did mine and it was easy. Just take your time and be carefull when you remove and replace the fender. Have a bud over and have him help you when taking the fender on and off to make sure. I pushed the cable further back in the raceway attached to the fender to give more slack in the frame for clipping the electrical harness together. Can be done by yourself. I had my friend there but he could only offer moral support.

Last edited by wood butcher; 07-09-2009 at 10:27 PM.
Old 05-30-2009, 07:50 PM
Nytro B
Novice

Just a thought & maybe worth trying .... if you do use a lift it may allow the shocks to extend enough to get your hands in to snip & replace the harness cable ties, then you would not need to remove the fender.

Last edited by Nytro B; 05-30-2009 at 08:02 PM.
Old 05-30-2009, 07:53 PM
SMOKEin
Tourer

Originally Posted by wood butcher
Like Nytro B says. I did mine and it was easy. Just take your time and be carefull when you remove and replace the fender. Have a bud over and have him help you when taking the fender on and off to make sure. I pushed the cable further back in the raceway attached to the fender to give more slack in the frame for clipping the electrical harness together. Can be done by yourself. I had my friend there but he could only offer moral support.
Great looking dog!!

Nice bike too

Im not sold on the tri-bar, but so few options and such an ugly stocker... I make take off the stocker and tint most of it..

Old 05-30-2009, 08:10 PM
Nytro B
Novice

I was thinking of changing to a "bob" fender but wifey bought me the tri-bar for xmas so I'll be sticking with it for a while.

Old 05-30-2009, 08:13 PM
luckyB
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Like others have said... the install isn't bad. You don't need a jack. You will need to remove the rear fender unless you have extremely tiny hands. Removing the rear feder is easier if you have someone give you a hand so you don't scratch it.

The Tri-Bar taillight should have come stock... looks 100% better.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Fat Bob Tri Bar LED install ??