Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Street Bob Stock Tire Size Options

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2009, 06:18 PM
RonnR
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by cbz1200n
Here is for your reading pleasure, again.

Thank you for taking the time to contact us with your Dunlop motorcycle
tire questions. The Dunlop D407, in the size 170/60R17, is not a
multi-tread (MT) compound tire. Also, do not mix bias ply and radial tires
on the same motorcycle unless it is with the approval of the motorcycle or
tire manufacturer.

"Dunlop Tire"
<website@dunlopmotorcycle.com>
To
awittmeyer@dunloptire.com
06/09/2009 02:35 cc
PM
800-828-7428 ask for Al Wittmeyer if you would like to ask a question!

I think Dunlop Knows what they make.
CB
Well somethings a foul here. Looks like you have done your homework on this as well.. Wonder why they tell you this, but in all their ads and write-up's they claim the differance. Even my Tire dealer brags on their dual compound technolgy..
All I know is I got 7500 miles on my SE 180, went to the D407 and got over 14,000. Still had miles to go but got in a hurry to swap out for a chrome deuce wheel so installed a new d407.. What ever it is made of,, its a Great tire.. I'm sure the questions will resolve themselves later..

Old 06-22-2009, 06:23 PM
RonnR
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cbz1200n
I have a mother f**king 09' catalog and I can read. That is why I called them and that is why I posted what DUNLOP TOLD ME 4 MOTHER F***ING TIMES! CALL THEM and ask!
CB
Wow,, I guess I should have been reading this before I posted the above.
Didnt realize you were so passionate about tires..
Sorry to stir up all those F words in you..

Old 06-22-2009, 06:25 PM
Funkhousert
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old 06-22-2009, 06:39 PM
Shag67
Road Master
Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

6500 miles out of it? Don't feel bad. I got 3319 miles out of my stock rear tire on my '09 Street Bob before cords were showing. I'm running a Metzler 880 170 mm rear now and have about 6200 miles (total) on the bike and so far I can see the Metzler is holding up better than the stock tire did. I'm thinking I'll get at least 5K out of it. I might change it a little earlier than I normally would because I have a trip to the Dragon coming up in mid-September and want to be sure I don't have to replace a tire up there again like I did last visit. My front tire is starting to show some wear, too, so I will likely replace it by the time it has a total of about 8K miles or so on it. "How you ride" the bike has as much if not more to do with the wear on the tires than anything else.

Old 06-22-2009, 07:18 PM
NoLongerAmember
Banned
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by RonnR
Wow,, I guess I should have been reading this before I posted the above.
Didnt realize you were so passionate about tires..
Sorry to stir up all those F words in you..
You basically are calling me a dumb **** with RED letters and I should not get upset?
I could care less about Dunlop tires and can only print what I was told by the Dunlop, maybe the guy is full of crap all 4x I contacted him?
What year did you put the tire on, 09'? Because the MT technology did not come out until 09' for the D407????

I was thinking of putting this tire on my scoot, the tire came out in 07' on the SE Dyna, well, that is way before the 09' D407 on the Baggers came out with the NEW MT tire and I wanted to make sure p/n 41998-07 was also a MT tire and as the above response from Dunlop shows, it is not. There is even a red star next to the D407 170/60R17 indicating it was new for 09' and I emailed about that and they still said it was not a MT tire, WTF? I don't know.
Dunlop also does not recommend Radials on spokes with tubes, that is what Al told me? I have posted this info 3x and not one of you SOBs will call and confirm if it is true or not and then question me? All I was trying to do was convey what I was told, my mistake.
F**k it.
CB
I am happy with my Night Dragons, no matter how many said they would not fit.

Old 06-22-2009, 07:38 PM
Shag67
Road Master
Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

hahaha! Calm down, girls! All of this ranting and raving over tires? You're missing your favorite episode of Oprah Windbag! Sheesh! Next thing I know you'll be saying you run CAR TIRES on your frikken motorcycle rims. Who needs soap operas with all of this girly drama going on?

Old 06-22-2009, 07:47 PM
thedonthere
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

FWIW, I have an 09 D407 170/60R17. It was sold to me as being a dual compound tire. It performs well. I like it. That's what matters to me. No need to get all worked up over it.Like you said, F**K IT

Old 06-22-2009, 09:34 PM
NoLongerAmember
Banned
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Shag67
hahaha! Calm down, girls! All of this ranting and raving over tires? You're missing your favorite episode of Oprah Windbag! Sheesh! Next thing I know you'll be saying you run CAR TIRES on your frikken motorcycle rims. Who needs soap operas with all of this girly drama going on?

Ha!

Old 06-22-2009, 09:56 PM
ko4qc
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Stock Dunlops suck...Metzelers are much better...AVON STORMs are waaay beyond both from my personal experience and IMPO...good luck whatever you choose...:>)

Old 06-23-2009, 08:45 AM
Fastfwd
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sorry to bring up such a sore subject……

I was looking at Metzelers again today and found this e-tailer…..

http://www.motorcycletires.com/productdetail.asp?gn=ME880

Check out item #03080022

Is that our tire? Why $150 when everywhere else is $225?

Quick Reply: Street Bob Stock Tire Size Options