Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Differences between 07' FXDB and 09' FXDC triple trees?

Old 07-30-2010, 10:30 PM
NoLongerAmember
Banned
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Question Differences between 07' FXDB and 09' FXDC triple trees?

I wanted to buy a set of 09' FXDC trees to send out and Powder Coat and then swap out my 07's so I don't have much down time. They both have the risers with bushings, but the Part Numbers are different for both the upper and lowers. The 07' p/n superceeds, but it still does not match the 09'. I can't see a difference between them, anyone know what the differences are between the 07' FXDB and 09' FXDC trees? The rake is the same and the bearings are the same P/Ns?????
CB

Last edited by NoLongerAmember; 07-30-2010 at 10:46 PM.
Old 07-31-2010, 08:07 AM
JCK
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

anybody have this answer?

Old 07-31-2010, 09:40 AM
bberck
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

In 08 they fattened the area around the pinch bolts. They had some issues with the trees breaking right there.

Old 07-31-2010, 09:42 AM
JCK
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bberck
In 08 they fattened the area around the pinch bolts. They had some issues with the trees breaking right there.

will the o9s work on the o7 SB?

Old 07-31-2010, 09:54 AM
bberck
Elite HDF Member

Yes the only change was around the pinch bolts. Only thing that won't work is the signal relocations that used the pinch bolts.

Old 07-31-2010, 01:03 PM
NoLongerAmember
Banned

Yes the only change was around the pinch bolts. Only thing that won't work is the signal relocations that used the pinch bolts.
I do not doubt your explanation, but I don't understand why they would not just superceed the 07' P/N to the 09' P/N if there wasn't some differences. I should have wrote down the darn numbers. The original 07' P/N does superceed to a new number, but it is still different than the 09' P/Ns and that is what has me wondering. Whether the differences will keep me from being able to use the parts I don't know? Maybe they just have to exhaust the 07' old stock before they superceed to the 09' P/N? Was there any sort of change to the fork lock or the frame goose neck? I am going to go back over to the Dealer and look again, one of the techs is a Dyna fanatic so I am going to talk to him about it.
CB

Old 07-31-2010, 01:35 PM
bberck
Elite HDF Member

The part numbers are different because of the changes.

They most likely didnt discontinue the old the number because they have accesories listed to fit the 07 trees that wont fit the newer trees and the breakage issue was not a big problem.

Old 07-31-2010, 02:38 PM
NoLongerAmember
Banned

The part numbers are different because of the changes.

They most likely didnt discontinue the old the number because they have accesories listed to fit the 07 trees that wont fit the newer trees and the breakage issue was not a big problem.
Do you know which model year they made the changes to the triples that you mention? Did you see a service bulletin on these changes and do you have a link to a thread that talks about this?
Thanks
CB

Old 07-31-2010, 03:05 PM
ghostrider69
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Does the FXDC come with chrome trees or polished?

Old 07-31-2010, 03:11 PM
bberck
Elite HDF Member

Changes were made in 08 and like I said the breakage wasn't I huge problem so I doubt there was a service bulletin. I think it only happened when working on the trees not while riding.

Kind of like how they changed how the exhaust mounts to the case because of some breaking as well. Just a slight redesign on that in 08 as well.

One of the first things I bought for my bike was a signal relocate back in 08. Indy gave me a part he had on hand that was listed 06+ Dynas. It didn't work and when I looked up the number the part number had been changed to just 06/07 Dyna. I did some searching on here and that's when I found they redesigned the triple tree around the pinch bolts in 08.

Last edited by bberck; 07-31-2010 at 03:30 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Differences between 07' FXDB and 09' FXDC triple trees?