Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'09 Street Bob w/Mustang Vintage Solo 13.5" Pics

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2009, 08:05 AM
Fastfwd
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default '09 Street Bob w/Mustang Vintage Solo 13.5" Pics

Got my Mustang Vintage Solo 13.5” in last night and took a ton of pics of it on the ’09 Street Bob. I threw in a couple of similar comparison shots so you guys can see the difference from stock.

As I remembered my Mustang that I had on my Nightster – this new seat’s cushion does a fantastic job of isolating you from a lot of the small bumps in the road that you would feel a lot more with the stock seat. This particular seat really seems to plant you in place and seemed to make me feel like I was more connected to the bike at the same time that it is isolating you from the small bumps….. LUV IT!

It does sit you up a bit higher. I have a short inseam (29”) so I was concerned about how much it was going to raise me. It actually seems only marginally taller as far as my feet on the ground. I can tell I’m sitting up higher on the bike though – which I’m not sure I like so much, but I’ll take it in trade for the better ride. I think it does also put you back a bit as well – which actually puts me back just a hair too much when turning the bars all the way one way or another.

I only got to put about 60 miles on it last night, but I was impressed with how much different it made the bike feel.

I’m posting a few comparison shots of the bike with the stock seat….I think it looks pretty nice. I personally love the stock seat and thought I might only use this for trips, but, really, I’m thinking I’m going to leave it on permanently. It’s a bit bulkier, but not bad looking at all IMO.

Last edited by Fastfwd; 07-02-2009 at 08:08 AM.
Old 07-02-2009, 08:12 AM
Inked624
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that sure looks comfy!

Old 07-02-2009, 08:20 AM
DSnoopy
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice dude. Some day when I can get my second bike, I'll be stripping this Bob back down to a solo ride.

Old 07-02-2009, 12:18 PM
BeavisRules
Road Master

Thanks for the pics. I have a Lepera Barebones on my streetbob but I don't think the backside can take another long trip to Sturgis on it.

I am ordering the Vintage solo today!

Old 07-02-2009, 12:26 PM
bigmikaele
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Was thinking the same thing with mine (use the stock for short trips around town and use this one just for long trips), but my Mustang hasn't come off since I put it on. You are spot on with the bulkier look and higher seat, but I deal with it; the ride is so much better/more comfortable.

Old 07-02-2009, 01:25 PM
Fastfwd
Road Warrior

Thanks!

I’m raring to take the bike down to the lake this weekend to see how it feels after a solid hour + of riding. I loved the look of that stock seat, but I just couldn’t do much more than an hour before it started getting to me.

I’m surprised that the back lip or whatever you call it is so deep. I’m guessing that this helps with the lower back, but it also really helps you stay planted on the bike during acceleration. Something the stock seat was also lacking in.

It’s got a lot more padding under your thighs too. I’m not sure if that helps to distribute weight or what, but it feels like it helps you to sink in the seat a bit and plant you in place. I can’t get over how much it seems to suck you into place. That may not be ideal for serious carving up twisties (dunno), but it feels nice while cruising down the road.

Old 07-02-2009, 01:45 PM
xbox
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow, seat looks comfy!

NICE PICS! looks good.

This maybe my next seat...
anybody know if the passenger seat is good for this seat?

Old 07-02-2009, 09:26 PM
revolution
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I use my Mustang seat on anything over and hour, and I think you will enjoy the comfort.

Old 07-03-2009, 01:16 AM
jbphoto
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Fastfwd

It does sit you up a bit higher. I have a short inseam (29”) so I was concerned about how much it was going to raise me. It actually seems only marginally taller as far as my feet on the ground. I can tell I’m sitting up higher on the bike though – which I’m not sure I like so much, but I’ll take it in trade for the better ride.
You'll find that after you put some miles on that seat that you'll sit a bit lower as it breaks in and adjusts to your butt. At least that's my experience. Yep, you might also feel like your sitting back a bit further because of the seat design but soon you'll find it to be very comfortable. I've got a 28" inseam so I know of what you speak.

Here's a close up of what the wide version looks like on an '08 Bob.

Old 07-03-2009, 01:47 AM
jackyl
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

you will not go back to the stock after 1 week i love mine. jackyl

Quick Reply: '09 Street Bob w/Mustang Vintage Solo 13.5" Pics