Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

103 and 110 cu labor $$

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2009, 10:21 PM
Black No.1
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 103 and 110 cu labor $$

Looking for ballpark labor costs for either 103 or 110 upgrade from 96". Trying to decide how big I want to go.

Old 07-09-2009, 10:39 PM
red devil
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

About 10hrs for the 103" and I'm guessing probably double that for the 110" when you add the cost of splitting & boring the cases.

Old 07-09-2009, 11:08 PM
redrubicon2004
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I would go 107" with a 3.935 bore. No case splitting and almost similar results as the 110"

Are you considering porting the heads? You can have them done pretty cheep and you will get the most bang for your buck there.

Are you going to have a Indy or dealer build it?

Old 07-09-2009, 11:47 PM
Xsquid
Cruiser

Ive got a 103 all harley parts. 11:1 pistons, perfect fit push rods, screaming eagle cnc ported heads, heavy breather intake, new bearings, rinehart cross over exhaust and a few other misc. things. With labor and all I think I spent $4K and that does also include forward controls. Oh, also have the SERT tuner too. Getting 102 torque and HP. Need a new clutch and then retune I know I can get 110 HP and Torque out of it. Hope this helps. WELL WORTH THE $$. Not so slow of a ride now.

Old 07-10-2009, 08:12 PM
FATBOB.
Tourer

if a guy stays with a stag one but does some head work
and add a cam, could he get around 90 -95tq et 90-95 hp?????
thanks...

Old 07-10-2009, 10:15 PM
Xsquid
Cruiser

I would sure think so with head work. Motors, simply put, are an air compressor. And you can make serious HP by getting into the heads. Heads are where the HP is at. BUT youve got to be careful where you have the head work done.

http://www.branchokeefe.com/heads.html

there is probably the best place to get them done. Call them and tell them your budget and goal. Cams, head work, intake, better exhaust and a good tune will get you some good HP. good luck...

Old 07-10-2009, 11:35 PM
redrubicon2004
Road Warrior

There are a ton of good porters out there. You just have to shop around. Porting isnt rocket science. Don't pay for a name. Yes I have heard of Branch but just because they have a good name doesn't mean you can't get a similar or better job locally. From what I have heard, that $950 doesnt even include the valves.

My machine shop work included

Heads ported, cc&mill for desired compression, 1.90 intake, 1.625 exhaust, bronze guides, new seals, beehive springs, compression releases.

Cylinders bored and honed to fit my pistons, rings installed on pistons

Had the crank trued and welded, timken bearing upgrade.

Bottom end assembled

*Edit* forgot he also included a top end gasket kit!

Total price for all above services less than $1300

Results=Carburated 95" 100HP and 108TQ

All of the machine shop stuff was done by a local guy...who happens to be a pretty reputible guy on a couple other forums....I found out this after the job!

Last edited by redrubicon2004; 07-11-2009 at 08:49 AM.
Old 07-10-2009, 11:47 PM
Xsquid
Cruiser

Yes you are correct, porting isn't rocket science. But I would venture to say that if you threw a set of Branch heads on a flow bench compared to joe blows at the corner garage, the branch heads are going to flow a hell of a lot better. We still live in a world of... "get what ya paid for". Of course they are more expensive. It was merely a suggestion. On that note I would also reccoment going with screamin' eagle CNC ported high flow heads. Thats what I have on my bike and there is no porting needed. No valves, guides or anything. Comes in the box with it... Except for ACR's. But they aren't going to include them because they have no idea what compression ratio you are going to run. I have 11:1 so I needed ACR's. Any ways.... Go with Joe Blow on the corner and then put them on a flow bench and see how good the #'s are. There's a reason why a lot of the guys running in the AHDRA ship their heads to Branch and not the guy who has die grinder and a "knack for that which is not rocket science".

Old 07-10-2009, 11:55 PM
thedonthere
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FATBOB.
if a guy stays with a stag one but does some head work
and add a cam, could he get around 90 -95tq et 90-95 hp?????
thanks...
Yep with a good tune. Mine is 88ci 92 & 95

Old 07-11-2009, 08:38 AM
redrubicon2004
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Xsquid
Yes you are correct, porting isn't rocket science. But I would venture to say that if you threw a set of Branch heads on a flow bench compared to joe blows at the corner garage, the branch heads are going to flow a hell of a lot better. We still live in a world of... "get what ya paid for". Of course they are more expensive. It was merely a suggestion...........
Any ways.... Go with Joe Blow on the corner and then put them on a flow bench and see how good the #'s are. There's a reason why a lot of the guys running in the AHDRA ship their heads to Branch and not the guy who has die grinder and a "knack for that which is not rocket science".
Wow, to call a local Joe Blow with a die grinder just because you worship Branch is pretty crappy. Do you know the full story about Jerry Branch? Here is some info about Branch that is 2 years old!! Branch heads are not the same as the reputation will have you to believe. Times change.

Oh, and please post up your sheets when your CNC 103" with its 7" advantage, more Compression, bigger cam, and fuel injection produces more HP and TQ than my little 95" with heads by Joe Blow with a die grinder and built by me! I can show you a bunch of Joe Blow head equipped 95" engines that 100hp and TQ...thats a standard for him! FYI Joe blow chimed in on that link I gave ya!

Sorry for the OT!! Good luck with the build!!

Quick Reply: 103 and 110 cu labor $$